Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

check engine light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
andy99san View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy99san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: check engine light
    Posted: December-30-2004 at 6:49pm
have a 99san with the python motor i have check engine light on all the time is there a diagnostic mode that can tell me some code or somthing so that i can sort it out
the motor has been converted to lpg so all the fuel injecton stuff is missing so the fault is not with that the motor still runs good i have been told that with check engine light on it goes into safe mode but this operates through fuel injection so this whould explain why it still runs good also it doesnt warm up and i have put a new thermostat in
its awsome other than that so any help epreciated
502 Python View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502 Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2004 at 12:02am
On the Python there are two oil pressure sending units. One is at the front drivers side of the motor near the top and the other one is on the passenger side bottom/center of the block. Unplug these one at a time and see if the light goes out. I had a faulty one on the block. I think they are about $20 and very easy to change. I hope this is your problem as it is very easy to fix.
andy99san View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy99san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2004 at 9:06am
thanks for that i will try it and see let you know
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2004 at 12:38pm
Do the same for the two temperature sending units. One sending unit controls the check engine light, the other the gauge.
andy99san View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy99san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2004 at 11:03pm
i havent checked the oil senders yet so will do all at same time where are temp senders located?
is the sensor on the passanger side of the block (remember i have a v drive) not the knock sensor? just somthing i have thought about
will unpluging the faulty sensor make the light go out? i would have thought it whould need some kind of signal
502 Python View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502 Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2005 at 3:19pm
My locations were for my direct drive python, so you will probably have to reverse them for your set up. The light did go off when I found the faulty oil sender.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2005 at 2:42pm
The temp senders are both on the top of the intake manifold near the thermostat housing. Both oil pressure senders are located near the oil filter. One sender (switch) simply tees off the pipe to the main sender.

The CEL switch (senders) probably work by completing a circuit to ground. So, by disconnecting the wire to the switch (sender) the light should go out.
andy99san View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy99san Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2005 at 2:15pm
i have finally got around to looking at my problem and it turns out to be the oil presure switch
would just like to say thanks to everone who helped with my problem
99Ski View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99Ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2005 at 12:33am
Had the same problem with my 99 Ski Nautique with the GT-40, only it got to the point where the engine started cutting out. Apparently, the switch was triggering the pro-tec system and shutting down as if we lost oil pressure. Quite a headache for a good part of the season, what a relief once it was fixed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic