NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fuel tank in 1968 Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel tank in 1968 Barracuda
    Posted: December-27-2004 at 7:17pm
How is the fuel tank in a 1968 Barracuda supposed to be secured? Did the tank originally sit directly on top of the stringers? Thanks, Barr68
barr68
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2004 at 12:19pm
no. two treated 5/4 boards across the primary stringers for the tank to set on.to hold it in place,two short pieces cut to fit the width.if u look at the tank it has a 1/4" welded seam on each end. use the wood to secure the tank,NOT METAL brackets.something about static electricity in an article i was reading.
kenny g
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2004 at 3:19pm
The tank I had was on the 5/4 boards as Kenny's. At both ends there was a small tab/seam. small pieces of 5/4 were cut and bolted so they pinched the tank seam to hole it in place.This was done by drilling a hole in the short pieces of 5/4 and then marking the long pieces to drill through. The holes in the long pieces were then moved 1/4" closed to the tank. When the bolts were tightened the short piece then sode up on the tank thereby pinching it. For insurance I also used 2 pieces of plastic banding strap like you see on wooden crates. If you need some Email me and I send it to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic