Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop recs??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MiLjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiLjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop recs??
    Posted: December-24-2004 at 12:08pm
Hi Guys,
new to the site, just picked up our new toy and I have some questions for the group.
The boat is a 99 Pro Air Nautique with tower and factory ballast tanks, 502 Python engine, and is all stock. I am a decent slalom skier, but no tournaments in my future, learning to wakeboard, wife is a new slalom skier, beginning wakeboarder, and we have a little one who will begin playing on the wate this year.
I am going through the boat, and I noticed that the prop is dinged and I want to get it repaired, but I wanted to get a new prop and have the repaired unit as a spare. I believe the stock prop is a 14" x 16" 4 blade, but I don't know what brand or hub size. What kind of prop should I try first? 3 blade? size? pitch? If I were to state that we are going to want a better holeshot, which way to go on the prop?

Any recs on websites to learn about props?

thanks guys,
Jack
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2004 at 5:44pm
OJ props, Acme props, and Michigan Wheel Corp have good info to get you started.
Darrel View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2004 at 6:15pm
I would recc. calling ACME. They will ask you ...what boat, horsepower, intended use...and set you up right. Their props are CNC machined and i believe they are leaving their competition behind. I purchased a new 3 blade OJ that needed to be re-balanced before i could use it w/o vibration. I think that Nautique now uses ACME as OEM.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2004 at 3:11pm
At the same time I think they will be able to repair your donged one. Go ACME.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic