Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swim platform brackets wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CCraftSkierFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCraftSkierFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swim platform brackets wanted
    Posted: January-23-2004 at 3:38pm
Hello

Looking for platform brackets for my 1975 Skier 16.
Please reply if you have any, or know of a current source.
1975 Correct Craft Skier 16 302 Commander 220HP, towed with a 1989 F250 4x4, 7.3L diesel supercab
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2004 at 9:45pm
just have somebody make some for you locally. i have a removable type mount that keeps the stress off the hull while towing. i'll take some pictures if you want to have some made.

call the boneyard that has the pile of teak platforms for sale on ebay. they should have something.
nauti girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2004 at 1:11pm
We just purchased a platform from that guy. No brackets. Great looking platform, though.
Nauti Girl
--I think my husband uses his own login now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCraftSkierFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2004 at 1:51pm
Nauti Girl

I also purchased a platform from FP Marine although I haven't gotten it yet. I bought a 56" one, which he claims is in very nice shape. Curious as to what size you bought and what year boat you're putting it on.

Great name, by the way.   
1975 Correct Craft Skier 16 302 Commander 220HP, towed with a 1989 F250 4x4, 7.3L diesel supercab
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 10:27am
two threads on wakeland.

first one

don't forget bob.

METCRAFT.
TALK TO BOB
818-365-2799

second
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2004 at 4:51pm
Re: CCraftSkierFan

We purchased the same platform as you apparently did. Aside from the slightest graying of the teak around the edges, the platform looks great, practically new. Shipping was super fast, too. You should be getting your platform fairly quickly. We are putting the platform on a '78 Martinique.
Nauti Girl
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2004 at 12:49am
Re: Platform Brackets

If you find no other source, try e-mailing Howard, '70 red Mustang. He had some made after purchasing a platform- similar scenario. He'd love to help you. The transoms are are somewhat similar regardless of the year model difference. Hopefully you've got some boat pictures on the way.
-Reid
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCraftSkierFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 9:27pm
Still looking for a source for platform brackets. Removable type would be ideal, but would like to find some, rather than have them custom made.
Thanks.
Greg Premo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Premo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 1:51pm
I bought swim platform brackets for my '66 Wildcat from Alloy Marine Products ph. 530-333-1500, they are black anodized removable mounts, I made my own platform, he said he sells them to other Correct Craft owners
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2004 at 6:01pm
more platforms are up on ebay from the same guy , but the price is up to 145.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2004 at 5:50pm
I'm guessing I will only need 2 brackets for mounting my new platform on my '78 Martinique. I'd love to hear from someone who has mounted one before. Will a couple of lag screws into the stringers work? ...or should I count on drilling thru the transom and using nuts and bolts?
Nauti Girl
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2004 at 11:50pm
i would distribute the load over at least three mounts. they are expensive, but i would use at least three. my kids like to jump on it and some of my friends are ,well, heavy.

pull the tank and use stainless bolts with nylon lock nuts. you should use a backing plate on the inside of the transom. i would see if your bracket maker can supply you with some.

use 'life-caulk' or something similar behind the brackets and in the holes.

note...drill you holes slightly larger than the bolt and install everything loose. remount the platform and tighten the mounting bolts with the platform on for a decent alignment.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2004 at 9:03pm
Anyone know how thick the transom on my '78 Martinique is?

tryan,
I noticed how thin the transom is on the photos you posted of the one that ripped open. Is it a Correct Craft? ...what model? This is what made me wonder if I should try to bolt my platform brackets into the stringers.
Nauti Girl
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2004 at 9:53pm
no that wasn't a cc.

i would pull the tank out and look at your particular boat to see the best mounting spot will be. you also need to look at the bottom of you platform to see where it is braced on the bottom. this will determine where and how many brackets you'll need.

i think running lag bolts into the ends of the stringers would cause damage over the long haul.

you could mount a 'L' bracket on the sides of the stringers, but that will only be two supports.

have you trimmed your platform to the shape of the transom? (use like a 2" block and trace the curve while someone holds it square against the hull.) i would leave about 1/4 " gap between the transom and the wood.

i like mine slightly out of the water at rest with a full tank.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 6:28pm
around 1978 cc was glassing a block of wood into the transom in order to mount platformsas they were a option at the time. the martinque came with a ladder/rail combo on the rear. put your hand along the side of the fuel tank you should be able to feel the board. if not you will have to thru bolt th ebrackets.
woodyelc
jk View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2004 at 6:01pm
What is the real advantage to a removable platform? anyone?
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2004 at 2:44am
mine isnt removable havent had any trouble.yet
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2004 at 1:26pm
The biggest advantage is making the boat shorter so you can get it in a standard depth garage. There is also a school of thought that you can remove it while trailering to reduce the stress on the transom. I have one of each and the removable is alot easier to clean bleach and oil off the boat.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2004 at 7:35pm
Thanks Woodyelc, I found the blocks of wood glassed into my transom. I have removed my tank. There is one 5 X 5 X 1/2" on each side (about 1" away from the sides of the hull). The center of the block is 13" above the bottom of the boat - this seems too high for a platform.

There is also the center reinforcement for the lifting rings (should be no problem mounting a really sturdy bracket on this).

When I hold my new platform up to the transom it looks like the best place for a three-bracket setup would be either immediately above the exhaust, OR all the way on the bottom corners. One problem with the later; I don't have access to the bottom corners - the floor frame has these corners boxed in. I guess I could mount the brackets above the exhaust, but they would have to be short brackets.
Nauti Girl
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2004 at 10:20pm
mount the platform above the exhaust with the bottom of the platform at the water line. that makes it easy to clinb into the boat after a hard pull.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic