NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rudder bushing for 1968 barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rudder bushing for 1968 barracuda
    Posted: December-06-2004 at 4:46pm
Where can I get one, and is there anything I need to know about proper replacement/setup ,ect. Thanks ,Jim B.
barr68
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2004 at 10:25pm
Try SKIDIM their link is directly above in the Discount Inboard Marine Ad
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2004 at 6:18pm
Thanks for the reply. SKIDIM says there is no such animal. When the rudder housing on the early boats wore out, replacement was required.They also say that 1/8 inch of movement each way is normal. I purchased the 1968 Barracuda in the diaries/for sale section (hull painted white, owner lived in Wichita). Needs some TLC but seems to be basicly solid.This boat is chrysler 318 powered and has two water inlets/pickups for cooling. I assume this means that to run the boat on the trailer I need two fake a lake rigs .Any one got a better setup? Thanks again for your help.Jim/Barr 68
barr68
chris_v View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2004 at 12:17am
hey bar68. go to home depot and get 2 shut of valves in the home garden center. The plastic ones used for garden hoses. One single and one double "Y". Disconnect the hoses from the inside of the boat. the left side you have 2 hoses and the right side you have 1. Just shove the ends to the hoses and tighten the staiinless clamps. use 2 garden hoses ,one from front of house and the other from your garages washer water outlet. It works great and cost is $7.00.
barr 68 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barr 68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2004 at 1:59pm
Thanks Chris,Barr 68
barr68
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic