Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer springs gone

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CC 79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC 79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer springs gone
    Posted: December-04-2004 at 7:53pm
I have a 79 ski nautique with what i believe is the original trailer, ( It looks the same as the one in the appropriate reference section) although it has no plate on it for reference numbers etc.
The leaf springs on one side have broken, ( 4 springs in total, largest spring approximately 27 inches centre of hole to centre of hole)
Because i am in UK, very difficult to track a spring assembly down. It is a long shot,but does anyone know of a place that sell the assembly off the shelf.
Failing this i will have to change the whole suspension system or have a leaf spring made, both of which will be very expensive.
Cheers.
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2004 at 8:18pm
http://www.championtrailers.com/

I have to replace my springs and shackle's, I think my trailer is original too, kind of a shacky thought trailering.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2004 at 12:03am
I purchased a set of springs from http://www.easternmarine.com . The installation was simple.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2004 at 12:45pm
I probably have the same trailer under my '77. I too had to replace the springs and the ONLY place (after exhaustive searching) that could find the proper springs was through my local correct craft dealer. And yes, the original springs as used by CC are oddball lenghts given the number of leaves and eyes at both ends.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic