NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat has shower???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
paul96cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul96cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat has shower???
    Posted: April-03-2008 at 9:43pm
Another newby question guys.....the 96 CC i just bought has "Hot and cold shower"??? What is this used for? How does it work? Is it pulling in lake water to shower....whats the story...Im totally in the dark here.

Also it has a "Skylon Pole", which obviously extends the height of the Pillar for pulling boarders....but looking for opinion here, is this safe to use? The manual says not too. But im guessing this is pretty common. Is it safe? Will it cause to much stress on the pillar mounts being pulled from that much higher up? Please throw your opinions in.

Thnaks   -Paul
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2008 at 9:48pm
The shower draws hot water through the motor. Be careful to mix in the cold and test it before shooting it on your feet. Straight from the motor it will scald you. Most people use the shower to shoot warm water into a wetsuit, shoot warm water in the boots, and to warm up hands and feet after skiing on a cold day, or in cold water.

Thousands of people using skylons and other extended pylons for wakeboarding. If installed properly, you will be fine. BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 8:55am
Originally posted by paul96cc paul96cc wrote:

Also it has a "Skylon Pole", which obviously extends the height of the Pillar for pulling boarders....but looking for opinion here, is this safe to use? The manual says not too. But im guessing this is pretty common. Is it safe? Will it cause to much stress on the pillar mounts being pulled from that much higher up? Please throw your opinions in.

Thnaks   -Paul

Paul, The Skylon has a cable that goes to a strap that loops around the bow under the bow eye. (not the lifting ring) This takes all the rear pulling load off the original pylon. With this cable, the load is actually less than pulling a skier from a standard height pylon. I'm sure you can find a picture of the set up in the diaries section on someones boat. Welcome and happy boatig/skiing/boarding. NO tubing is allowed behind a ski boat so don't even bring it up here!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 11:49am
Two other quick notes on showers. First: this is what they are for.

Second. Although I am sure it is not a huge risk if you are careful, it is my understanding that all or most manufacturers do not provide showers any more because they lead to standing on the platform with the engine running, resulting in a possible CO exposure risk.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 3:06pm
Kevin, Please note it wasn't me!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic