Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calling all PCM GT40 Owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
fredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 3:21pm
Wanted to come back and give an update on this and say thanks again for the help. Engine is up and running good. The only gauge that doesn't work is the fuel gauge and it's because the gauge itself is bad. I need to replace that then it's ready for some test runs on the lake. After I do that, I need to put the interior back in, the swim deck back on, and start looking for a tower to put on it. Took a video of it too. Forgive the mess, our place is a wreck right now.

phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 6:29pm
nice! good work.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 6:59pm
Nice! Never heard a GT-40 like that. What exactly are you running for exhaust?
fredo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 7:12pm
It's the 3.5" exhaust manifolds reduced down to two 3" "mufflers" that were already in the boat from when it had the carburated 351 in it. Then it just runs out the back with rubber flappers on the tips. Nothing real special. Does it sound odd or something? I'm a chevy guy, so it sounds like a ford to me. hehe.
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 12:45pm
Fredo, You and I think alike. Like most people on this site, I think correct crafts are great, however, I got a great deal on an 89 supra so of course I'm not a True CC Owner, but I have the same engine, transmission, gauges, everything. The part where you and I think alike is, I put a 2001 GT-40 in my boat last summer. The harness in the boat was compatible with the harness on the engine, as for you. We adapted the 3.5" exhaust, as you said above, to the 3" factory "mufflers" in the hull, and it does sound mean. I believe most GT-40's in nautiques have single exhaust, so I think it's the dual exhaust and the 80's "mufflers" that give it the unique sound. Anyway, you will be very very please with the performance of that engine in that boat, and despite the cracks at the boat brand, I'm sure you have found and will find most people on this site to be knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to mechanical issues with any inboard.

Cheers!
gigem75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigem75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 6:58pm
keep the vids comming!
jowek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jowek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 8:16pm
Hey guys,
I have an 87' centurion and I am currently in the process of putting in the injected GT40. I Could sure use some pointers on the process and if there were any other wiring issues i might come across. Any help would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic