Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Louis boat rentals?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BoatGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St Louis boat rentals?
    Posted: May-15-2012 at 1:42am
Hello all! New guy here. I don't have a boat(yet) and quite frankly I'm having a hard time convincing my better half that we should She did however agree that renting a boat for the day might be a good way to find out if it's something we'll enjoy. Now I'm having a hard time finding a place to rent a ski boat in the St Louis MO area. I found some in the Ozarks but that's about 3.5 hrs away; not really a day trip! Anyone in the area know of a place that rents ski boats? Thanks!
Damon
Damon
No boat yet. I'm still in the critical "convivce the wife we should have one" phase!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2012 at 1:55am
It's a no brainer. You should have one. Then if you follow suit with many on this site, you will have two or three or four........so tell her you are going to buy three boats and she may settle for just one....it's worth a try.    
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2012 at 2:32am
You typically won't find boat rentals around suburban areas. Mostly in resort areas....like you mention at Lake of the Ozarks. Around my area, there are several boat rental areas at Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. That's a big resort area between Chicago and Milwaukee.

They rent mostly 18' I/O runabouts. Not cheap either. I think a 4 hour rental goes for around $350. Doesn't take too many rentals to justify buying one. Also, I have never seen a true inboard ski boat for rent at these places either. Rent one a couple of times, get hooked on boating, and then go buy a good used Correct Craft.   
BoatGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2012 at 3:19am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Rent one a couple of times, get hooked on boating, and then go buy a good used Correct Craft.   

That's what I'm hoping! If it were me I'd already be on the road to get one of these!

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forsale/details.asp?ID=5984&sort=&pagenum=1

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forsale/details.asp?ID=6228&sort=&pagenum=1

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forsale/details.asp?ID=6336&sort=&pagenum=1
Damon
No boat yet. I'm still in the critical "convivce the wife we should have one" phase!
katiameza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katiameza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 2:03am
Dude , why you have thought so about this matter. If you want to Rent Yacht just go for it, search 2-3 and hire one according to your plan and enjoy.
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 2:15am
I'm about to purchase my third boat, and by third I mean three all at once.
totally unnecessary

My first Nautique I got took a while to convince, but after being persistent my better half eventually caved in, something along the lines of "Just buy the f#@$ing thing"

so that weekend I drove 6 hours to collect and 6 hours back :D

Good luck convincing the missus, get her on the water
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2017 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by katiameza katiameza wrote:

Dude , why you have thought so about this matter. If you want to Rent Yacht just go for it, search 2-3 and hire one according to your plan and enjoy.

This post is almost 5 years old. I wonder if boatguy got his boat.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic