NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HP on my 1992 boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HP on my 1992 boat
    Posted: March-28-2008 at 2:45pm
i need help in finding out the hp on my boat. I have a ski nautique in argentina which I bougth used with no manuals what so ever. I always though it had around 275hp but reading the brochures here i realized the standard power is 240. how can I tell the difference if I have standard one or another one. I only know is a pcm ford 351 power plus with the 1.23 tranny. Thanks...
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 2:50pm
it's more like 265 or 285 for the 92's the 80's and older where rated at the 240 level I believe.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2008 at 3:10pm
Kapla, check this post regarding the hp of a '93: http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9959&PN=1

The same applies to your '92. I think the official hp rating from Correct Craft for our old '92 (non-HO) was 255. Like I said in the other post, I dont know of any differences between the 240/255 hp motors- I believe its all marketing.

There is the same discrepancy for the 285/300hp HO engines- I dont know of any differences to account for those varying ratings either.

'92 would have been the first year for the Proboss (HO 351w) option, so you could have either that engine or the base version. Check the ID tag and the ends of the heads (for the # of bars) and report back.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 8:17pm
Finally I checked the cylinder heads of hte engine and they have 2 casting bars, so i guess is the base engine...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 10:38pm
the difference tr between the 240 and 255 was they pumped more oxygen in the dyno room when the ase guy or whoever certs them was there certifying it lol
"the things you own will start to own you"
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 5:49am
LOL Eric!

But was it really oxygen...?

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 9:01am
Joe in New York, im picking up 3 full tanks of nitrous from my friends house if interested, he was storing them for a 1/4 miler guy and never came back to get them, they are the tall bottles.
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic