NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

375 HP Motor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
502 Python View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502 Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 375 HP Motor
    Posted: November-11-2004 at 8:05pm
Does anybody have experience with the new 6.0 liter 375hp PCM motor? Just looking for some feedback.I am thinking of trading my Sport with the 502 but I don't want to give up any performance and I don't want to go to a v-drive.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502 Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2004 at 12:16am
ttt
AbunDiga909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2004 at 7:28pm
We have one in an '04 Air 216. We didn't get it for the power. Frankly, it is not worth the extra money for the slight amount of extra it gives over the Excalibur. Nonetheless, it is still an awesome engine. It has never lacked in power whatsoever. You can load up the boat, floor it, and reach normal top speed in a matter of seconds. You must make sure that everyone is holding on when you do this though!

Unfortunately, we find that ours only tops out at 46-ish. That is lower than the 210 when it was tested, which suprised me b/c the 216 is lighter and more arrowdynamic, I would think.

Overall, it is a great engine and I love having the biggest baddest one out there. This is no Python, but still awesome. P.S., having a closed cooling system is really nice when it comes to winterizing and really keeping the engine "fresh" and lake water out.
I Nautique, therefore I am.
97sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 97sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2004 at 8:04pm
Python, I'm not convinced if the alum. heads can take the stress of a ski boat. Even though it has closed cooling. There will be some of you out there who would disagree, but I still like the cast heads. Maybe thats why people tell me I'm hard headed.
life is short live it!!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502 Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2004 at 10:41pm
Well you guys have answered my questions.The dealer told me the top speed was 52mph in the Sport 216...sounds like wishful thinking.Guess I'll keep my hog for awhile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic