NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot nautique wake

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 6:53pm
That's why he can't understand that our boats can pull like they do.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 12:33am
Steve that 4bbl screamin on your boat sounds awsome. I like the little exhaust noise when you first stab the throttle. That has to be the coolest Correct Craft vid on youtube.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 10:41am
Thanks Zach.

I've been trying to find another vid I have of that race. It's shot from the boat to my starboard side. It shows a short view of my boat from their perspective. When I find it I will post.
Check out this one. It's what we do after the race in Big Rapids.

Brendan's flyer

times eight

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2008 at 4:44pm
Those are cool steve. I clicked on your other vids in you tube and watched em. Makes me wanna stick the throttle down for a few miles in my boat haha.
wi54545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi54545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2008 at 11:18pm

I got mine this week for 15k. It is a GT-40 powered '96 with 74.4 hours on her. Perfect! No t one scratch in the gel coat and never been skied behind.

Sorry for the drift!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 12:18am
Welcome to the site. You can hit the edit button, and put a character return between your photo posts and it won't spread across the page like that.

Beautiful Boat. Makes one wonder why anyone would buy the World's best ski boat and never ski behind it. BKH
Livin' the Dream

wi54545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi54545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 1:01am
Thanks!

The original owner was 66 years old when he took delivery. Wasn't a skier by that age. He just wanted to own the best.
SUNAPEE CROW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUNAPEE CROW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2008 at 2:42am
Steve,
Thank you for the welcome. What better way to get acquainted. The basis for my comment is my '80 Nautique which I bought from a fellow that traded up to a Barefoot. '85??
No, I have never driven nor skiied behind a Barefoot. Judging from the comments in the forum, I stand corrected....
Rick
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2008 at 7:50pm
Beautiful boat buddy. Wish mine had 74 hours hah.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2008 at 1:39am
Where about's in Florida?

Real nice lookin' boat...can't disagree with the PO.

Nice garage too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 3:51pm
Tull,

I can back you up buddy sorry I didn't see this till now. I know our boats can do it. AS at GL 4 man run three in the boat we were reading 45 on the speedos at WOT. Not GPS but my speedos on the BFN compared to the Air the BFN speedos are a little slow. I want to get a GPS reading on both boats this summer.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

AS at GL 4 man run three in the boat we were reading 45 on the speedos at WOT.

Definitely get a GPS on that thing- now Im really curious. It didnt feel like 45 to me, but I did have a few adult beverages beforehand.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 7:26pm
whats the actual replacement for old bfn?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 3:33pm
tullfooter, that vid is bad ass.
mahansen81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahansen81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2008 at 11:01pm
Slalom(30-32MPH):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBUPIGNHwXw

Wakeboarding(20-22MPH):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvqf7Ht1G_c&feature=user
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2009 at 5:09pm
Here it is again for reference.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2009 at 5:13pm
When I'm chasing bouys I prefer to keep my ski on the water.

Definitely deserves some credit for being able to ski like that though.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2009 at 10:25pm
the speeds quoted are accurate-no exaggeration...Chevy 454 big block baby!

Kapla, there is not any replacement for a barefoot nautique.
Competitive barefooting switched to outboards around the same time CC quit making a barefoot boat, they never came out with an outboard, the market switched to Sanger Outboard, Flightcraft outboard, later Malibu bought Flightcraft. Then competetive barefooting switched back to inboards and Sanger was there with the DXII, Malibu had a boat they marketed as a barefooter but it was not even close to the Sanger which dominates the market today, the Sanger outboards are still coveted much as the Flightcrafts, and the venerable Barefoot Nautiques...all excellent barefoot boats. I love my little Sanger but I still miss running WOT through the "potatoe patch" wind whipped against current, waves 5 foot high, the big heavy Barefoot Nautique fully airborne throwing water 30 feet in the air on the landings, us all in our drysuits praying to make it back to the marina...ah those were the days!

My first tournament in 1983 was so rough that the towboat Barefoot Nautique had a lead "wave breaker" Barefoot Nautique...talk about an intimidating competition.
This is the life
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2009 at 1:16am
I concur,
The BFN is great, and I know you don't want to hear this, but if you want to foot AND ski serious and stay with an inboard, , go Sanger DXII with the barefoot plate.(Can be added to any DXII) I skied them from '93 to new, they don't change other than engines and interior.
After that, I suggest the 2001 nautique with a BBC and tall pylon if you can find one, however if your barefoot speeds are approaching 40 or higher, the 2001's triple-roost can be very intimidating at 75'.
I concur, the Sanger outboard is phenomenal.

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic