NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This one is for the Europeans

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2008 at 2:42pm
what are some of the main dishes in Belgium? (for future reference)
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 2:52am
Belgium is cool! If Holland were more like it, I might not be living in Costa Rica now. So, in a way, I'm very glad it's not

Brugge and Gent are my favorite places there. The beer-festival in Brussels is legendary (at least for me it is).

Oh well, anyway... Just wanted to say that Belgium is cool!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 6:33pm
Kristof, are you close to Amsterdam and the red lights?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 7:55pm
Eric,
About an hour and a half drive to Amsterdam...

About food... french fries is the wrong name for them, because french fries are a Belgian invention!!
Very wide spread here: mussels with french fries and a good glas of beer...

"Waterzooi" is a typical thick soup that is also well known and from Gent, Trip

"Eel in green" (in Dutch: "Paling in het groen"

Brussels or Liège waffels

And a few more...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 8:34pm
Brussel sprouts???

Belgian waffles, i love em
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 5:44pm
See Eric... and you're trying to tell me you know nothing about Belgium... you naughty naughty man you!!

Brussel sprouts, are indeed quite good, if you love vegetables. Also well known is the chicory from Belgium...
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 6:56pm
Kristof

I'll bet you can make that hour and a half drive with your eyes closed.
I had a 5 hour lay over in Amsterdam 4 years ago. My wife and I, and another couple we were traveling with, hopped a train and went downtown. What a beautiful city, though we were there at night. All the stories we hear of the red light district and the "coffee" houses were surprisingly true.
Next time I go back, it will be for a couple of days.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 7:24pm
...without the wife.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 10:32pm
Lay over?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:09am
Wood

If I went to Amsterdam without my wife, I'd be coming home to no wife.
That city is like no place I've ever been.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:21am
Sounds like a place for a European Reunion. Now I just gotta convince Patti that I need to be the Florida rep.

Yup...like Steve..I'd be coming home to no wife.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 10:26am
jbear

It would be a great place for a reunion, there's water everywhere. We could drive the boats right through the Red Light District, there's a canal splitting one of the main areas.
But no driving the boats after visiting the coffee houses.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 7:19pm
Well... We (Chantal and I) would like to come to a reunion in the states in the summer of 2009... (Budget for 2008 is consumed )... let's hear the propositions guys!
Without our boat tho... Unless I find sponsors for a Guiness book of records attempt to cross the Atlantic with a Correct Craft... (on propane too!!!)

But if there is a real intrest for that year to make a reunion in Europe... I'll be happy to put my shoulders under that project... Weather it is in Amsterdam or here at our little town and lake...

Oh, and Steve, if you make that trip to Amsterdam in the near future, be shure to let me know, 'cause I'll make that trip with my eyes closed to meet you!!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 7:57pm
Kristof

No plans for that trip, but if I do, I'll let you know. (but I won't let Chantel know )
And I don't think your eyes will be closed
Mine sure won't

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 9:36pm
Kristof; A visit to the States is a must for you. Ever been to the Magic Kingdom...Central Florida? Well you are welcome here...we'll show you a good time. We are kinda rural here...no red-lite district to offer. Lots of lakes and great weather to offer tho. I am sure that by now you have checked out the Reunion pictures and our pictures from this weekend at the St. Johns river. Sure be cool to have you and Chantal join in.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 7:26am
John,

Where we live here, it's kinda rural too. I like to go to Brussels, but I still prefer to live here in our rural little town. So, I'm sure we'll have a good time in your Magic Kingdom

I already started to save money for a trip to the States in the sommer of 2009... So rest asure that you will have to help us with the planning of that trip

BTW, nice reunion pics at St John's River... I could fit right in there

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 7:55am
As asked on another thread here... Some pictures of Chantal and me... So my new great friends on this site know who they're dealing with...

Our wedding day on 19th march 2005:

My colleagues doing the honors...

With our parents...

Just us...

Last weekend with some friends on a mini ski-trip to France:

That was a great weekend!! Good snow, beautiful weather and good beer

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 10:49am
Kristof
Great pics, looks like you and Chantel will fit right in over here. My question is, she likes the dark beer and you the light? I'm hoping you're drinking one of those lambic beers that your country is famous for.

Steve

BTW, have you ever snowboarded, and is it very popular?
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 11:44am
are those swords the equivalant of a shotgun wedding?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 4:19pm
Steve,
I tried snowboarding once, but it's not my thing... But it is as popular on the snow, as the wakeboards on the water.
The beer you refer to is "Kriek Lambic", world famous cherry taste beer!
Chantal does almost never drink alcohol, so on the pic, she's having a coke

Eric,
That's a cavalry wedding, and only cavalry units have the sabres...
I did perform that honor for two of my mates too.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 5:04pm
Kristof,

Eric is messing with you, a "Shotgun Wedding" is a slang term used when the Bride is Pregnant, "Knocked Up", "Bun in The Oven", etc.

LOL on that one BTW Eric!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 6:37pm
Ooooooh, thanks for the heads up Chris!
Well then... no knocking up here... No father in law with his shotgun at my nose

And Eric... That's twice you got me
My vengeance will be terrifying... LOL

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 7:12pm
Oh good, another CCfan widow in the making.... Congrats Kristof !!!!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 11:55pm
Kristoff: Thanks for the cool pics! By now you gotta know how much we love pictures on here. Makes it better when you have a face to put with the name. Plus we all get to see each others hot wives and girlfriends.

Moj: Had to laugh...Patti says the same...I am on all evening with my buddies and she can't get on her computer.

Back to Kristoff: We will be looking forward to your visit. You will be welcome to stay here in our guest room.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 7:00am
John,

Video's are even better... That's why I go to the video section on this site on regular bases... To performance on the water! Makes the winter less long

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 11:56am
honeymoon video's?
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:02pm
Especially the funny ones... where all goes wrong...
(In casu... when they start dancing and stuff LOL)

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:02pm
LOL!!!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic