NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Once upon a time, a long time ago......

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Once upon a time, a long time ago......
    Posted: February-05-2008 at 4:49pm
There were these guys from all over the United States with these hi-power lttle ski boats...........

(I figured this start would give you guys a place to intentionally "go off topic"... so...finish the story..)
oh, dont forget to post pics with it when you can, for those of us that cant read...man, this winter is getting looooong...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 5:31pm
This winter is very loooooong...
There were also a few guys on the other side of the ocean... in Europe...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 8:18pm
Man are you guys getting bored.

You ever heard of airplanes...they have winter flights to Florida.

C'mon down..me and Eddie are ready.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 8:21pm
John,
flights are being cancelled .... 10 to 13" of snow predicted by tomorrow afternoon...

I love winter, but am getting TIRED of plowing snow...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 8:35pm
The roads must be closed too......
Ducks have a very small brain when compared to their body mass,BUT......
     They do go south for the winter

Karen and I leave in two days,do i feel sorry for all of the snow birds caught up there.NOT
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 8:38pm
So, if you're enjoying warm weather all winter, what's there to look forward to?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 8:49pm
Doc, let me think about that ...hmmm, if I didnt know better, I'd think you were saying ducks are smarter than me!?

Actually ,Im with Bruce and would normally LOVE to get that much snow, but, we've been so busy at work ...no time to play.   

Billy, you and Karen enjoy your trip... btw, you all "healed" from your GL dip in the water last summer?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 9:18pm
Steve just so you know what kinda winter we have had here ,our water temp is still 58 degrees..
The trauma has eased a little but Karen and I still joke about"hidee-head"
Mark Jessup was relating a cool story about a poisonous snake they have in Michigan that we dont have down here.
He called it a "snow snake" and yes I fell for it hook line and sinker.
This snake will crawl up you leg and into your butt and then you will freeze to death....................boat dr

As far as you and the duck I have make the following observations.....

#1 steve is still cold
#2 the ducks aint
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 9:28pm
Doc,
NO-WHERE did I say I was cold!! Im just tired of plowing and not being able to play.
     (however a few weeks ago at minus 18 and 30mph winds, I might have had different opinion.)

.....and I thought everyone knew to keep your pant leg tucked inside your boot!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2008 at 11:19pm
Back on task -

The boats up all put up and winterized,the boats in the south are waiting for the second
morgage to fill up the tank.

Next
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 12:09am
This is what I will be doing on the river in two weeks!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 12:36am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Cleaning your hull?
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:08am
Good one Tim

Billy some of the ducks around here dont go south.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:17am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

...and being filmed from the transom of a faster boat?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:20am
Hey Pat,
Got the snow shovel ready? Havent talked with you for a while...been working on any of the project boats?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:21am
Pat not only that I bet Doc goes duck hunting too!
Steve, I'm with you,ya work all day then come home and move snow.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Steve, I'm with you,ya work all day then come home and move snow.

Gary,
actually, I get up around 4am to plow snow before work... You guys expecting much tonight?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:28am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

...and being filmed from the transom of a faster boat?

Must be from a bowtie powered tug?

Reid,
havent talked with you for a while, hows everything your way? ...speaking of faster(read bowtie powered) boats, you guys been working on the skiff?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:34am
Bruce: Duh...thats the point...we don't have to "look forward" to something...it is always nice. This Saturday for instance..me and Eddie....fast Am Skier Barefooter...Lake Elbert, Winter Haven Florida...82...sunny...noone else out...water as flat as your kitchen table. Nice.

MM: So..you must have got your tranny back from eric...and plan to have it in by the 16th? Cool. Can't wait to see you guys. Gonna be fun. Keith coming too?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:37am
Steve they are talking a foot but,right now nothing is happening.It started to snow about 3pm then turned to rain.I talked to Reid today,he was telling me how nice it was there and he didn't even rub it in!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:45am
Gary, not to rub it in BUT,highs today 78, winds out of the south @ 25 to 35. nice day to be on a Hobie, and leave the CC in her toy shed........
But dont get me wrong , cause I aint RUBBING IT IN...boat dr

Two days to blast off, Key West here we come
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:49am
Well Gary...not to rub it in......aw forget it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 1:58am
Well like everyone who has to be here,we like the changes of seasons,right Pat and Steve?
John, every time I talk to my Dad and he tells me how nice it is,I ask him how much gas is there.That seems to get to him! It's the only comeback I got
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 2:04am
Gas here in Lake Wales is $2.99/gal at Shell at the end of my street. At BP in town it is $3.05/gal. Is it much cheaper up there?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 2:38am
John,
Filled the truck tonight 2.09 gal at full service...

....oh, alright..actually its 2.99/gal here also.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 6:44am
Wow, those are great prices compaired to us Belgians...

We pay:
1,49 euro per liter   or
5,65 euro per gallon or
8,36 USD per gallon

That's why most skiboats run on propane here... (So we do not have to take a second mortgage to be able to ski )
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 10:32am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Bruce: Duh...thats the point...we don't have to "look forward" to something...it is always nice. This Saturday for instance..me and Eddie....fast Am Skier Barefooter...Lake Elbert, Winter Haven Florida...82...sunny...noone else out...water as flat as your kitchen table. Nice.

MM: So..you must have got your tranny back from eric...and plan to have it in by the 16th? Cool. Can't wait to see you guys. Gonna be fun. Keith coming too?

john

John, sounds nice, but at this point, not having summer to look forward to would be like not having work in the morning to look forward to. Sounds like a new way of life. If I ever get there, I hope I can enjoy it like you do.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:19am
I still don't know when you guys find time to work on the boats and cars down there...

The ducks may be smart enough to fly south for the winter but they also know better than to stay there year round...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Must be from a bowtie powered tug?

Reid,
havent talked with you for a while, hows everything your way? ...speaking of faster(read bowtie powered) boats, you guys been working on the skiff?

Speaking of snow, no work today office closed due to the weather.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:27am
I think I just as soon be a cold water skier than a duck.....I've never seen cold water skier alaronge on the menu.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic