NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’63 Classic on e-bay

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’63 Classic on e-bay
    Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:57am
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-CORECT-CRAFT-CLASSIC-FORD-Y-BLOCK-V-

Anybody see this one?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:24am
Are any CCFans bidding? 10+ hours left
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
searider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:25am
That one is almost as old as me and in much better shape.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:46pm
I can't find this one?? Is it already gone? And no, I'm not gonna bid on it, just curious.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:53pm
I couldn't find it ether! I looked in ebay motors under correct craft. I did try to copy and paste Johns post first. John, now that you figured out how to post pictures, I think the next lesson needs to be creating links!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:54pm
I'm asking 'cause I'm gonna bid if noone else really wants it.
63 Classic
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 12:55pm
8+ hours left...
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:25pm
Another one of those Mastercraft Classics!

I wish that one was closer to the ATL. I might consider it. Looks pretty good from the pictures. A lot better starting point than the one I looked at down here.
Greg

86 BFN
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:29pm
Go BuffaloGreg Go! Maybe TimB can pick it up and hold on to it for a while for you. I don't see a reserve, and since no one else has spoken up, yet, I say go it.

I was concerned it might be the one that's close to me here on Lake Norman that a buddy of mine has. He's completed 75% of a restoration and would seriously and unfortunately like to sell it and it will/can be very nice. SO PLEASE, anyone else interested in a very nice 62-63 Classic let me know. It's got a freshly rebuilt and beautifully detailed 312 and just needs uphostery and some deck repainting, but she doesn't have cracks or crazing at all in the hull. It can be had for $4K I believe.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:34pm
OK, SkiCat, now that you've said that, YOU need to come get this one by me. You'd love it! Come on up this weekend and check it out. It's just a mile down the road. We'll start the Classic Club with Buffalo, Paul, Steve, and few others and YOU!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:37pm
Thanks Greg. What with being able to do pictures again (thanks Larry) I guess I got over-confident as to the links. Thought I could just "copy & paste"...guess not. How do you do it so it looks like words in blue?

Marc: You mean the boat is in better shape than you? Take care of yourself...you get old fast...just ask me.

Reid: No more bidding for you 'till you rescue the one down here in Babson Park that we went to look at.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:39pm
I'm going to wait till a bit later to bid in case someone else has something to add. Do any of you see any red flags? Reid, Tim reccomended I ask you about the Y-block...anything I should know ahead of time?
Thanks,
Greg
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:50pm
I don't see any red flags Buffalo, but it would look good with one!
Greg

86 BFN
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 1:58pm
Greg, The 256-272-292-312 Y-Block family was a decent engine and as Pete can attest, there were lots of them put in boats but only from the mid-late 50's thru early-mid 60's. Parts are becoming more scarce, esp rev-rot, but still out there. If you got the boat for <$2000 I wouldn't worry as much in case you decided to repower.   The guy near me just had his rebuilt w/o much hardship.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:05pm
Greg,

If you get it, let me know. I am within an hour of it and could pick it up and hold it for you (outside, if thats ok.) Let me know.

Larry
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:11pm
Thanks Reid, but it sounds like you aren't a huge fan of the Y-block?...or at least you'd want more power? Gimme the 'skinny' on it!
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Greg,

If you get it, let me know. I am within an hour of it and could pick it up and hold it for you (outside, if thats ok.) Let me know.

Larry

Thanks Larry, it looks to be outside now. LOL I would need some help. I already asked if Tim could help and he says he's in(thanks Tim). For the distance, I'm guessing I'll need help finding tires and bearings, maybe a place for it to sit a few days, and a safe place to rest my head.
1988 BFN-sold

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Thanks Reid, but it sounds like you aren't a huge fan of the Y-block?...or at least you'd want more power? Gimme the 'skinny' on it!

I'm sorry Greg, but I was just trying to be conservative. I love the engine, but I'm hesitant to heap praise on it and then someone not be satisfied later. The 312 was the hot ticket for Ford in the late 50's and was rated from 225hp all the way up to 340hp in an auto, so the potential is there. In the marine appl'n it was rated at 215. I wouldn't hesitate to say you could get 275 hp out of it no problem but it might cost you a bit more than the typical 289-302 etc.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:06pm
Reid, thanks again for the info. I know zero about that engine is why I asked...and your last comments are making it harder for me to say no?!!? LOL
1988 BFN-sold

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Greg,

Larry

Thanks Larry, it looks to be outside now. LOL I would need some help. I already asked if Tim could help and he says he's in(thanks Tim). For the distance, I'm guessing I'll need help finding tires and bearings, maybe a place for it to sit a few days, and a safe place to rest my head.

Greg, if you need a place to store the boat, you may want to take Larry up on his offer. I have no room here in MA- my boats stay in CT. I can help with just about anything else- just let me know.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Greg, if you need a place to store the boat, you may want to take Larry up on his offer. I have no room here in MA- my boats stay in CT. I can help with just about anything else- just let me know.

We'll all know here shortly, and I appreciate your offer. This site is made up of good people, that I'm sure of.

Tick tock...while I decide?!!? LOL

Jbear, I'd be happy to walk you through the links. I have a fire going outside(first time in almost 2 years to get a permit because of the drought), but if you'll send me a phone # I'll call tonight or in the morn.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 3:56pm
BuffaloBFN=millman1@bellsouth.net
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 4:55pm
Greg, More info on the engine:

It does have the downdraft carb instead of the more common dual side drafts in the valley. Some will say good because they feel the side drafts were always a problem (I say no and they just don't know how to set the floats) It's hard to say if it was converted to the down draft or was factory. The intake manifold looks like the same color as the rest but the dog house to me looks funny.

Being a 63, it may have the Dearbomatic trans on it. It was a good trans but the HP of the 312 was pushing it's limits. Lots of 312/Dearbomatic problems. Eric can work on them - he's doing Bruce's now off his straight 6 Interceptor. I'm lucky to have a Velvet on mine and maybe this Classic does have it. At least it won't be a late 50's Dearbo that used a dual cavity engine oil pump. One side for the normal engine needs and the other pumped engine oil back to the trans. The late versions had their own pump and used ATF.

The exhaust manifolds are aluminum and can burn through if you loose cooling water. They would be a real problem to find and I really think are non-exsistant. Cast iron Barrs are made.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 5:54pm
Excellent info Pete, thanks! I have quite a few more questions from your info and Reid's. I wrote to Tim earlier that I think this boat is chasing me...I've already turned it down more than once...and I think it started at $2500. I'm just not sure what to do?!!?

It's almost 3 now(est), and the auction ends soon. Amy and I both want the boat, but she wants a deck on house too?!!? I'll go down to the fire and chew on it for a bit...

I've never bought or sold on ebay either. What do I need to know if I want to buy?

I really wish someone else here wanted it...decisions would be easier?!!? LOL
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 5:58pm
Pete, what bothers you about the doghouse?
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 6:13pm
3 hours left. I'm tempted, but don't want to jump in front of you.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 6:28pm
Tim, I'm hoping I'm jinxing us because I like the mountains to stay open into the middle of April, but what started out as a great winter has turned into a really mild one. Records snows have melted and its 45 degrees today. Great Bay on Sebago hasn't froze and unless we have a real good cold spell, it won't. So much for the ice fishing derby this year.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 6:39pm
Greg, The dog house is taller than what I think it should be but I may be wrong. If the engine has been converted to the downdraft, then the doghouse would need to be rebuilt. The 312's with the side drafts had a great low profile.
Here's Paul's Classic before he took the side drafts off:

Here's my 312 in the X55:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

3 hours left. I'm tempted, but don't want to jump in front of you.

Riley, you get it and sell it back to me later.

Seriously, if it suits you I'll stay out. I really, really want this boat; but I don't really have a place to put it. I only have 1 slip and limited storage space. I've been through this with Tim and maybe on another post...it's an irrational decision for me to buy it, and it's a long drive. All excuses aside, it looks to be a very complete boat and in decent condition for its age. Someone here should snag it...

Riley, call me if you like, 770-536-2328
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 7:01pm
Pete, do you have a pic of sidedrafts for a guy who's never seen them? How 'bout a pic of the classic with the cover on...please? I can look this boat up in the diaries, but I won't know what I'm looking at as you would!
Thanks!
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic