NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’63 Classic on e-bay

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 1:26am
Too bad Tim's pics can't be attached to the listing.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 9:19am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Ha Ha, Buffalo is a dead beat!

Dead Beat Bidder

I'd rather have a black eye than be an importer of field mice! Besides, I gave him a black eye as well. Heck, I tried to work something out with him, but I'd have gotten further trying to deal with a tree.

Same listing, description, and pics.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 10:53am
I reported the item. I couldnt find a category for "grossly misrepresented" so I settled for inaccurate item location. The boat is not in Natick.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 12:18pm
Tim, Did you attach your pictures or provide a link that shows the real boat? I'm tempted!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 12:22pm
It wont let me. Honestly, Im sure ebay wouldnt care even if I could- theyre not going to be experts on boats and they cant police everything.

If several ebay members were to report the auction for listing violations, that would be the best chance at getting ebay's attention.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 2:46pm

If some one googles 1963 Correct Craft Classic they should get the whole story.

The guy is nuts saying the boat is very nice. I bet it don't sell this time.

1963 Correct Craft Classic
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 3:18pm
Reported this way...
Home > Help Topics > Rules and Policies > Rules for Sellers > Rules for Listing > Misleading Titles > Misleading Titles
1988 BFN-sold

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 3:50pm
you know what really kills me...he says he JUST got the boat and doesnt have time to restore, thats a flag right there. there is a thought process when you look at a boat that needs restored. now why would you buy a boat and a day later say you dont have the time to restore?
"the things you own will start to own you"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

you know what really kills me...he says he JUST got the boat and doesnt have time to restore, thats a flag right there. there is a thought process when you look at a boat that needs restored. now why would you buy a boat and a day later say you dont have the time to restore?

Eric, that's funny. I have a lot of those resto projects that I had time to do when I bought them. Now that it is time to do them, I can't find the time!
Greg

86 BFN
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Reported this way...
Home > Help Topics > Rules and Policies > Rules for Sellers > Rules for Listing > Misleading Titles > Misleading Titles

x2
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Geno Geno wrote:

Reported this way...

x2

1988 BFN-sold

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 8:45pm
The fact that he relisted it with the same ad (after having someone call his bluff) earns him the ebayhole of the year award, IMHO.

Chris
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Geno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 9:11pm
This seller has had two previous buyers refuse to pay because the condition of the item is horrendously worse than represented. He is aware of the fact that the boat is in pitiful shape yet he re-listed it just as before.

I can provide pictures and first person testimony.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 2/19/2008 1:05:33 PM
To: Geno
Subject: Thank You for Your Report (Community Watch)

We will thoroughly review the listing(s) or Want It Now post(s) you have
reported for violations of our Search Manipulation guidelines. We often
rely on members like you to bring these violations to our attention.

We base our decisions for this offense on a review of the content of the
item description and/or item title. In item descriptions, we search for
unrelated keywords that appear to have been included to manipulate
eBay's search engines. These lists of keywords may be hidden in
drop-down boxes, reduced to small fonts or typed in a font that matches
the listing's background color ("white on white" for example). In item
titles, we look for unrelated keywords, unnecessary comparisons, brand
name misuse and other language that may be misleading.

In light of our privacy policy, we cannot share any action taken by eBay
with respect to this listing or post. If we determine that the listing
or post violates eBay policy, we may:

1. Send the seller an informational alert;
2. Remove the listing or post; or
3. Suspend the seller.

Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that
continuously disregard policy.

For more information on Search Manipulation, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/keyword-spam.html

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 10:30pm
And lucky me gets the dead beat tag?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2008 at 10:40pm

And lucky me gets the dead beat tag?!!?

Hasn't hurt me.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:04am
I certainly didn't bid on the boat but I felt compelled to send the seller this note with a slightly exaggerated amount of interest, and will forward any response:

I would possibly be bidding and hopefully buying as I have an identical Correct Craft, but I saw first-hand the photos sent to our boat group by the "dead beat ebayer's" representative. That previous buyer wanted the boat so bad he sent a professional to look at it for him and how fortunate he was. You should be ashamed of yourself and I pity the next ebay winner(?). While your boat is definitely worth $1500 or so, you are not representing it accurately, and I'm not sure if this is due to of a lack of knowledge about boats or this one in particular, or because you don't mind misleading someone and caring if they end up disappointed or not. That engine won't run in it's current state, and the gelcoat is cracked considerably and certainly not "nice". Stating otherwise is the real description of a "dead beat ebayer", and I hope that's not your intention. No response from you is necessary, as I just wanted to let know the concensus of an educated buyers group.

Man, I'm bothered by people like that.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 2:16am
Man....are you getting diplomatic in your old age!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 8:55am
I see that "nevrfrget" won the bidding at $1530.00. I wonder if he will be added to the sellers dead beat list after he goes and sees the boat?

Reid, You were right in there at the $1500 mark. Are you sure you didn't bid!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:20am
I'd say Greg did him a favor by backing out. He got almost $500 more on the second auction.

Reid, it's hard to figure out a minimum value for any kind of classic, (car or boat), that's close to junk, but you really think that boat is worth $1,500, even without the right engine?

Are Correct Craft Classics worth more than a Barracuda or Wildcat?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:29am
Bruce, The engine in the Classic is correct but the side draft carbs were replaced with the downdraft. This is why the dog house had the horrible plywood added on to the bottom.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

you really think that boat is worth $1,500, even without the right engine?

I was wondering the same thing. I might've had a deal without knowing it. My bottom line though is that it needs more work than I have time for. This one needs to be fixed from the tires up and my parts shopping showed the y block parts to be a bit pricey. I don't like being lied to either!
1988 BFN-sold

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:00pm
That boat is a piece of crap, why don't you show the REAL pictures of the engine with animals living in it and the brush strokes from the paint job!

"you sound like your describing you house and your womans make up!!you want real pics come and get em dope."

f*ck you deadbeat, i've already seen them
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Bruce, The engine in the Classic is correct but the side draft carbs were replaced with the downdraft. This is why the dog house had the horrible plywood added on to the bottom.

Pete, it's LH rotation.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:40pm
Hollywood,

Was that a real conversation with the seller or just a simulation of how one might go?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 12:56pm
That is how it went down, on the real.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2008 at 1:23pm
This seller is a real piece of work.

I sent a message to the winning bidder with a link to this thread.
63CCCOuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCCOuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 3:58am
Hi This is a copy of my first post. About 10 days ago I had never heard of Classic Craft til my buddy told me about this cool boat on ebay. He was well aware of Classic Craft and told me how this was one of the best boats made. Alas, I am the embarrassed owner of a 1963 Classic. I am only embarrassed here because I am ignorant of many things Correct. When the seller delivered my new old boat yesterday I was proud as a peacock before my neighbors as they watched it arrive. Anyhow I am glad to have found this site of folks committed to these great boats and their restoration. I'm Psyched! (yeah. I'm a classic too)
You guys are all wet!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 11:57am
63, you bought this boat?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

63, you bought this boat?

Eric, Ray posted in the other section about his purchase too. You must have missed it this morning.
other posting

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63CCCOuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCCOuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 2:53am
Yes,(head down) it was me. I went an saw it too, It shur is purdee! Seriuosly though, I have no regrets and the seller was very helpful to me and delivered it on his time for just the cost of fuel. He even bought me lunch. He told me from the gitgo that the motor would have to be torn apart to see if it was any good. He works on corvettes that are smashed and torn apart so I guess from his perspective the gelcoat was damn good :)
You guys are all wet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic