NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’63 Classic on e-bay

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 7:23pm
Buffalo, I just ran it by the wife and she doesn't even want to look at it on ebay. It looks like a nice original boat. I'd buy it and sit on it for the future, for the right price, but today aint the day. If your wife is interested, I'd go for it. There's enough people on the site that can help you with it in the short term. I'm 2 hours north of Natick and would do what I could to help.

Price wise, $1,000 would be a great deal. There appears to be 2 serious bidders that will probably getting going by the end of the auction. There was one for sale in Maine last summer, the one at the NE Reunion. It looked great from a distance, but had been painted with a brush. The floor and seats had been replaced, but they were painted plywood. It had a Buick engine that had been rebuilt and looked really good. I last saw it for sale for $2,500 OBO and it was gone in about 2 weeks.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 7:42pm
I don't know much about ebay, so I'll have to let the 2 bidders go at it. Maybe next time for me...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 7:57pm
With ebay, your buying sight unseen, unless you can go to look. I've bought and sold small items without any problems. I did bid and won a Lyman outboard 2 years ago that was about 2.5 hours away. The seller said he was describing the boat as best as he could, but he said he didn't know boats.(That's a warning that you're not going to get a good description). When I got there, I was looking at the biggest POS I ever saw. I got in the boat and thought I was going through the bottom. Fortunately, it was a cash deal so I was able to walk. But, I have a dead beat bidder on my record.

For a grand or so, I would think you couldn't get hurt on that boat. For any more, I'd want to have someone look at it.

We'll have to see what it goes for.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 8:59pm
Greg, Yes, the Carter YH's are sort of buried so they are hard to see in the two pictures of Pauls and my engines. Here is a picture by itself.

Go for it. Someone in the area will be able to help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:24pm
7 minutes left and it's at $1075.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:25pm
I did that!
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:38pm
It's yours?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:45pm
I'm the proud new owner of a Plastic Classic. Amy says I need to get after it...she says it's gonna be HERS?!!? LOL

Tim and Larry? Are your offers still good?

How cool, I get to meet a Grand Poohbah! LMAO

and see ya soon
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 9:52pm
Congrats! In the last 2 minutes my wife tells me to bid on it when she saw it wasn't going anywhere. I registered and bid $1101, hit the button and the auction was over. I'm glad your the one that got it! That's awesome.

I'm the wrong direction, but if the snow keeps melting during the next week, I could have indoor storage for you in Maine for a month or two, if you wanted it.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:03pm
Riley, I'd still let you have it. I want to meet some of you, but it's a looong drive...maybe in snow?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:11pm
ALL RIGHT Buffalo!!! What a deal!! I can't wait to see that boat up here in late July when Jbear and company come to town. And that's after we see her in Green Lake. I'm really happy for you and welcome to the Classic Club.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:21pm
Greg, I'm happy that you made the decision to go for it and got it. It's great!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 10:32pm
Greg, while your wife may not like it, I'm happy to report that it appears there are more parts available than I realized.

To get that thing looking good:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Small-Block-Ford-292-312-Y-Block-Chrome-Valve-Covers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33627QQihZ014QQitemZ330207852192QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
To get her running good:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Three-tuneup-kits-Ford-Merc-Y-Block-54-55-56-292-312_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34202QQihZ008QQitemZ180211865564QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

For sometime down the road:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-292-312-THUNDERBIRD-HEADS-Y-BLOCK-NEW-NO-CORE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33617QQihZ008QQitemZ180212083829QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
And to turn the heads, OK maybe this is a little much, but wow! Can't be all that much more difficult than the 2 side drafts:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edelbrock-aluminum-TRI-POWER-for-Ford-292-312_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36474QQihZ014QQitemZ330208818590QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I've seen Buffalo nickels, but this is gonna be fun spending those Buffalo dollars!

Now Skicat HAS to buy this one up by me.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

ALL RIGHT Buffalo!!! What a deal!! I can't wait to see that boat up here in late July when Jbear and company come to town. And that's after we see her in Green Lake. I'm really happy for you and welcome to the Classic Club.

Reid, what's my member #? LOL If I'm invited for this July I'll bet you'll see me on the pumpkin if can get 'er done. And if we don't get enough water to break in a pumpkin, maybe I should ask for a ride?
1988 BFN-sold

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:53pm
Your member number? Let me check the database................................. OK, after an exhausting count it appears that your number is 0004.

Anytime we're hosting, everyone's invited, and rides are alway available.

And forget everything I said about 275 HP several posts back. Judging by this Y-block site, you might have the fastest boat at the next reunion. (stroker kits, domed pistons, oh my God!)
http://www.ford-y-block.com/yblockpage.htm
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:53pm
Buffalo, I'm glad you got it. I'm just starting my first project boat and need another like a hole in the head. I just got a weakness for 60s Correct Crafts that are original and priced like that one. You got a great deal. You won't get hurt. Let me know if I can help.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Greg, I'm happy that you made the decision to go for it and got it. It's great!!!

Last chance Riley...and I mean it. You can have it if you want...but I won't ask after noon tomorrow. If you pass then I get to be a 2 CC owner! Pete, thanks man and I will be asking for your help.

2 more points Pete! Send me an addy(land addy) and I'll get you what I mentioned before.
1988 BFN-sold

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:56pm
Dam, just give Reid your charge card and let him set you up. I've never seen a Ford with tri power. That would be sweet.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2008 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Last chance Riley...and I mean it. You can have it if you want...but I won't ask after noon tomorrow. If you pass then I get to be a 2 CC owner! Pete, thanks man and I will be asking for your help.

2 more points Pete! Send me an addy(land addy) and I'll get you what I mentioned before.

Thanks, Greg. I appreciate it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Thanks, Greg. I appreciate it.

Respect Mon! as they say in Jamaica
1988 BFN-sold

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 12:24am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I'm the proud new owner of a Plastic Classic. Amy says I need to get after it...she says it's gonna be HERS?!!? LOL

Tim and Larry? Are your offers still good?

How cool, I get to meet a Grand Poohbah! LMAO

and see ya soon

Its about damn time that you bought that boat, Greg! Congrats.

Let me know what the next step is- Ill help all I can.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 12:25am

OK, after an exhausting count it appears that you're number is 0004.

Pumpkin stuck...why not double 04? I like it, wasn't there a cute 004 in the Bond movies? LOL

Anytime we're hosting, everyone's invited, and rides are alway available.

Thanks, one way or another, I've got to meet some of you! A translation for you yankees, he's talking southern hospitality!   
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 12:32am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Its about damn time that you bought that boat, Greg! Congrats.

I told you it was chasing me?!!? LOL I have been through this with 2 boats though...
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 12:45am
I'll catch up with this in the morning...thanks Reid, glad to be talking boats with a ccfan legend! Pete, odds are I'll meet Reid before you, but you are no less a legend and you have so much stored between your ears?!!?
I needed a bunch of help on my bowtie and will need more now!

Thanks Keith for your help!!!!
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 1:36am
Congrats Greg. Looks like a good buy on that classic.

Reid, I need more storage room before I can pick another boat. You going to store that classic for me up there? Wife wouldn't see it either!
Greg

86 BFN
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 1:49am
Skicat if I just sent you picts of the engine alone you'd buy it, and I can do that if you like. And I'd be glad to store it if that's what it took. Just give me a call 704-451-5080 sometime if you'd seriously consider it.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 1:56am
If you have some pictures Reid, send them to me. After all, what can looking at a few pictures hurt right?

gmcfar161@aol.com
Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 1:59am
Right just looking.

Didn't your Mom tell ya that looking at those kinda pictures would make you haveta wear glasses when you grew up?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 2:03am
I guess I didn't listen Jbear. That's why I have the glasses now! Or old age one!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2008 at 9:59am
Man 'O man...what a drive! Anybody know where I can get a trailer hitch for a cessna?!!?
Mapquest has this trip at 17 hrs 20 mins. I have family in Virginia and may use that as a stop over, but I'd rather skirt DC and the traffic there. All ideas and suggestions welcome!
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 6>
  Share Topic