NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Wake surfer?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Wake surfer?
    Posted: January-27-2008 at 12:08pm
I've looked over the previous threads on the topic, but I need some strait up advice on what to buy.
I'm an OK wakeboarder, but I want to start wakesurfing.
210#, 6'
What should I buy?
Thanks, Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2008 at 2:00pm
    Steve,

It probably would depend on how serious you want to get.I am about 5'11',185lbs and I use an O'brien Alias 5.0' board.It's basically a beginner/recreational board and was a cheap way to get into it.I think it was about $200. I'm pretty sure the shorter boards are better for experienced riders who tend to do more tricks while the boards in the 5 ft.length are more suited to bigger people and rookies.The board I have is veryeasy to ride.I had never surfed in my life(ocean or wake) until this summer,and I was following my boat across the lake without the rope in less than an hour.I have seen a few people post on here that appear to be more experienced than me so hopefully they will chime in.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2008 at 10:22am
Mike

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for something that will be easy to ride for myself, and others who want to learn. Won't be pulling any tricks so the Obrien board looks like it might work. I saw that board in the new Wakeboard magazine. I'm also looking at the Inland Surfer boards, either the Green Loogey or the Red Woody.
Thanks again,

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

tvs97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvs97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2008 at 7:14pm
I have the Red Tide, older version of red woody, and it is a good board. It will allow you ride smaller wakes, less weight needed in the boat, and helps with the heaveier people. It was harder to learn to ride then the Broadcast that we have but a lot more fun once you get the hang of it.
RLSV211 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLSV211 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2008 at 8:15pm
Ted bet me to it. The Red Tide is a great board for larger people on smaller wakes. He talked me into the Red Tide and now I have two.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic