Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new graphics for ’82 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new graphics for ’82 2001
    Posted: October-20-2004 at 3:19pm
Hello fellow 'tique freaks! I 've been checking out the pics of all the members boats and notice that a lot of people have changed the original exterior graphics on their boats. I am the proud owner of an '82 2001 (with the brown stripes). Now that the end of the season is looming, I'm looking forward to starting a big winter project. I want to change the color of my boat stripes to something more modern. (don't see many new boats w/ brown stripes) I've read many posts concerning the 'set up cost' for new graphics. My question is do any of you have a contact who has already 'set up' these graphics for your boat? If so, is it possible to acquire a set for my rig? Any help or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2004 at 8:26pm
Hello 82tique. I own an '84 2001 Ski Nautique and am planning to redo the graphics this winter as well. I'd be interested in sharing the cost of the setup if I can get a run out of the deal. I have the black/grey/silver scheme but have thought about going with something blue. Do you have a color scheme in mind?

I have a question though... the posts I've read quote $1000 for both sides. Is that for the stripes and the letters or is it just for white letters? What about the transom?

The stripes on my boat look like they were painted with the letters masked off (making the lettering the color of the gelcoat).

I too would appreciate any info. Is anybody else in the market for new graphics?

IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2004 at 8:38pm
Looking for graphics for my 79. My graphics were painted on and after being quoted nearly $1000 to make new vinyls that dont look like original I am steering in the direction of repainting them with an airbruch/detail gun. Do let me know if you find someone that gives a reasonable price for your graphics
1979 Ski Nautique
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2004 at 8:53pm
i had some made locally i think the side graphics were 50 a side. i took a digital pic at the dealer and had it made the same size as a new one. there was some sort of art/ setup fee too. http://planetnautique.com/indexname=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=99IMG]
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2004 at 3:02pm
You had a great idea 882001, Those new look decals really make your boat look fresh!
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2004 at 1:06am
882001,That's exactly the look that I'm after! Does your graphic man still have your set up on file? Maybe you could give me his name/number? One more question, so you just snapped a few closeup pictures and then took it to the print shop? Any semi-detailed info you could hook me up w/ would be of great help. Thanks
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2004 at 2:09am
put your email address in your profile and i will email you some pics. i can find out and mail you the stickers if you want. in the back where the stripe goes up i have been debating on either a hyperlite logo or correct craft. im leaning towards correct craft in the same color as the nautique, and i wanna make my tx#s match too.the hot drip sticker on the back i bought from the dealer.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2004 at 4:56am
882001--
That looks pretty sharp!
Could you email me some pics also? Did you repaint the blue stripe? Is it the same dimension as the original stripe? How wide is it where the graphic is? I was hoping to keep the original design but I like yours and I like the 1/10th price tag. The painting looks a lot easier than repainting the three stripe schem I have. The 1983-84 models were differnt.
Thanks
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2004 at 9:37pm
882001-
My Email is bajhole@hotmail.com   Give me a shout and we'll work something out. Thanks!
MikeSki6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeSki6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2004 at 9:29pm
I too have an 82 2001 and the graphics are looking a bit tired.
882001 If you could send me some pics of what you have don that would be great. Also how long has yours been done and how is it holding up, and what kind of paint did you use for the stripe or is that original?
thanks for your input.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic