NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer for CC

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer for CC
    Posted: October-18-2004 at 8:24pm
Does anyone know of a good trailer shop that has the plans and drawings to make a new trailer for an old Correct Craft? There is no point in having a custom tralier shop re-invent the wheel if a good shop somewhere already has the plans. The two vertical poles that are presently beating the crud out of the front of my boat are driving me nuts. The existing guides don't allow me to easily drive the boat onto the trailer.

882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2004 at 8:53pm
im using a mcclain trailer it works fine.there located on 610 somewhere by the budweiser plant. your gonna need a galvanized if you dont already have one.it wont last a year here without. i hear great things about shorelander but there pricey.
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 2:44am
I'll check 'em out. Thanks.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2004 at 8:03pm
Jim,
McClain is a good, honest, and fair place. I've had great experience with them.
I also talked to a guy last week at the ramp at Clear Lake who had a MasterCraft stars and stripes with a brand new Tech Sun (45 South at League City) trailer under his boat. Those are aluminum trailers that are beautiful and will last forever. He told me he paid $3800 for it to be custom built and after it was done he had to take it back and have some "tweaking" done to make it load really well. He said they were great to work with too.
I have another friend who just ordered a new trailer from Sportsman. It's a fishing boat though....I know they're reasonably priced.

I have a Dorsey under mine. It loads and unloads awesome, but 88201 is right about lasting. I wash and spray down with Salt Terminator every time I'm out. It seems to hold out ok with that.

Let us know what you end up doing.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic