NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Manuals

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Manuals
    Posted: October-18-2004 at 4:05pm
While searching for a source for a new j-hose for the water circulation pump for my Ford 289ci (for which I am still looking) I came across MarineEngine.com advertising engine manuals for $68.50. Has anyone had any experience with this company?
tstafford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstafford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 12:36pm
Good luck with the hoses on the 289. I have a 289 Interceptor and had to replace all the hoses. The best that I could come up with on the circulation pump was a copper reducer and two different diameter hoses. It ended up looking fine and works well.
Trevor 1968 Mustang
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 6:15pm
Sounds like a lot of money for a manual- no luck with the ones under fan reference? What about a general ford engine manual? I just think that sounds like a lot of money, I would suspect that they are preying on our desire to acquire "special" marine application stuff.
1979 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2004 at 9:34pm
If it was a normal engine I probably wouldn't feel like I need a manual but this running backwards thing and sealed distributor thing and this special carberator thing are all messing with my head. I want ALL the info I can get. It's not what I don't know that's bothering me, it's what I don't even suspect that's got me worried.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2004 at 5:17pm
Jim,
I can't recall what year yours is, but I've got both a 1969 Interceptor manual and also what I believe is about a 1966 manual. If I can make some time I can run you a copy, plus I should really ship them off to Keith to get them posted. They're both in rather poor condition, but mostly legible. And I don't know you got my previous direct email, but I can make you the ultimate deal on a 4V intake if you still need one. Please email me direct if you're interested.

Reid
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2004 at 6:40pm
Thanks Reid. I had already bid on a 4v intake on Ebay before you made your offer and I won the bid. I ended up paying a lot more than you are asking for your intake.

If you are near Clear Lake (Houston) I will be happy to run your manual to Kinkos and get copies made. Otherwise I will be happy to pay your cost of copying and mailing. I can convert scanned images to PDF files if we can get the manual scanned into .tif files somewhere (my scanner is real slow). I can then forward to Keith if you like.

My CC is a 1968 Mustang with a 289 Interceptor (Ford) which I understand came in some 1969s. ... could be the same manual.

If it turns out to be a different manual - nothing lost but copying costs... and we will end up with a copy we can send to Kieth. Thanks again, Jim (jim@drivesys.com)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic