Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 Hull vs 1989 Hull Sport Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ldstarnes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldstarnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 Hull vs 1989 Hull Sport Nautique
    Posted: December-12-2007 at 9:08pm
I bought a new 1990 Ski Nautique in 1990, I had to sell it a few years ago because I needed the money......Big mistake!! I am currently looking at 1989 Sport Nautique, and I am curious as to the hull. Is it the same hull as the 1990 ski nautique? and if it is not, how is the spray at short line and how is the ride compared to the 1990 ski nautique?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2007 at 9:13pm
Nope, different hull. I believe the Sport hull has a deeper V. No personal experience here, but I would guess that the Sport will ride nicely, but the slalom wake will suffer.
footinforever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footinforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2007 at 2:53pm
The sport nautique hull is totally different. the 89 was the worst of them all. When you slow down water will come over the transom very easily. the hulls flexed a lot going over waves and the windshields never really fit together very well. Thats why they went to the step over design later on. the 89 sport is atrocious and I would wait and find another boat. The 90 ski was a sweet boat and revolutionary at the time. Wake, spray ride and handling sucked on the 89 sport.
azucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2008 at 2:57am
I disagree with some of what footinforever told you. I owned an 89 sport nautique. I also owned a Mastercraft Prostar 190 and I know a bit about ski boats. The 89 sport was a terrific boat. It was the first relatively deeper v that correct craft made. It was very stable in a bit rougher water and rode well on the lake. It is a high quality boat in all respects. The only downside to the boat was that the wake was not a competition ski wake. It was a bit tall and sharp, but improved at 22 off. If you are a casual skier and don't mind a bit bigger and sharper wake than a competition boat, you will do fine with the sport. I hope that this helps.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2008 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by azucker azucker wrote:

The 89 sport was a terrific boat. It was the first relatively deeper v that correct craft made.

Ive never been in or behind a first gen Sport, so your other points may be valid. However, Correct Craft was making deep V boats long before 1989- dating back to the 60's or before. Models would include the Barefoot Nautique, Martinique, Seperator/Spoiler, Southwind, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic