Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water pump help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ty View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water pump help
    Posted: October-15-2004 at 7:18am
Whilst trying to drain the raw water pump on a 1979 ski nautique i turned the both bolts rather than holding the bottom bolt and turning the top. Does this bottom bolt have to be in a certain position or something?? ( The bolt i refer to is the one on the U bend of pipe near the raw water pump) Any help please..
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2004 at 1:07pm
Does your '79 have a PCM 351W engine? If not my comments don't apply

I have a plug in the elbow that goes between the thermostat housing and the circulation water pump. The elbow sits right next to the raw water pump. This plug just needs to be removed and the water drained. There isn't a certain position for the plug it just needs to be tight enough not to leak. This will not drain the raw water pump.

In order to drain the raw water pump you will need to remove the lower hose. However you really should take the pump apart and remove the impeller for the winter. This will give you a chance to inspect the impeller and prevent it from taking a set over the offseason.

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say you "I turned both bolts rather than holding the bottom bolt and turning the top"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic