NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight Line 436 Gloves

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight Line 436 Gloves
    Posted: December-08-2007 at 4:09pm
Anyone familiar with these? I'm looking to buy my son some gloves for Christmas. He has HO Talons now. These seem about as close to them as I can find.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 10:13pm
If you are talking about these, that's what I used last summer. The gloves were OK. They were comfortable and everything, however the "bone" grachics on the fingers and palm wore off in short order. Also, I am not sure why they put the "knuckle protectors" on either, just for style points? The seam around the wrist started coming undone half way through the season. I don't know what experience others have, but I have a hard time making a pair of gloves last more than one season. I assume this is normal!?

Gloves - Overton's
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2007 at 11:00pm
I have had the same pair of glovers for the better part of ten years now.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 1:43pm
I guess there are several styles of Straight Line 436 Gloves.... Rocket, Super Grip Silcone (what I have), and Tower

boarditup.com
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2007 at 2:07pm
Jim, the reason your gloves last so long is you don't apparently use them! Also, cold water skiing probably helps to preserve them when you do wear them.

Might make it to Ann Arbor over the holidays if my wife has her way. I won't be joining you on any cold water ski runs however. (I need a new pair of gloves)

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 10:20am
I'm looking at the towers.

My gloves last me a few years, too, but it has more to do with me than the gloves.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2007 at 8:17pm
Tim,
Let me know when your going to be in town and where your going to be, maybe we can have a few cold ones somewhere. I don't think I will be hitting any cold weather skiing either. Last I knew the water has a layer od ice. But the Air is not winterized yet, so if it opens up we could always take it for a ride. As for my gloves, the first two years I used them 3-4 times a week. Then all the years after that they are used mabye 10-15 times a summer.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2007 at 9:20pm
Riley,

Hope you found some gloves for your son for Christmas. Santa didn't leave me any under the tree this year. Let me know what you think of the Towers, if that is what you got.

87BFN,

Never made it to Ann Arbor, sorry.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2007 at 9:29pm
I bought the Towers. They seem like a really nice fitting glove. Son likes them. If they work as good as the HO Talons, they will be great.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2007 at 9:53pm
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and what did you pay for them? Like I said, Santa didn't leave me any in my stocking. I will have to buy my own this year!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2007 at 9:56pm
Waterskiworld.com

They were $59.99 plus 5.01 shipping.

Barts and/or Overtons had them for the same price, but their shipping was $12.50+-.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic