NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Correct Craft Emblems

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiLew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiLew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Correct Craft Emblems
    Posted: October-14-2004 at 3:28pm
I need to find the plastic Correct Craft name plate for the side of a 1978 Ski Nautique.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2004 at 12:29am
You and 200 other people. Do a search, someone on the site was remaking them
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2004 at 9:07am
If you want the original, they are no longer made by CC, but, as Rick said, someone is having the tooling made to remanufacture them.

On the other hand, if you just want a name plate that looks close, CC does have a chrome (plastic) on black available at the dealers.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
JrCC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2004 at 2:54pm
I was going to start making the emblems but it would cost way to much to start the tooling, I would need 100 people and $400 from each.
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2004 at 2:35pm
You're right! Way to much money. Paint it on the side.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2004 at 9:06pm
I've got a friend who had them done in vinyl and they looked great. Especially from beyond 20 feet or so.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2004 at 9:45pm
Any idea who his vinyl shop is? They could probably cut a set and mail it to me cheaper than I could have a set made locally.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
nautique74 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2004 at 2:50pm
I have been looking for the chrome metal emblems for awhile on the net and I found the chrome plastic ones at www.whitelake.com for $9.95 each.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2004 at 10:02pm
Jameski,
The vinyl guy was in Denver, NC, but the boat has since been sold and the owner has moved, but I will try and find out regardless. There's not but a few places that do that type work in that small town.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2004 at 12:41am
Thanks for the lead reidp. I checked on the online yellow pages and found only one sign shop in Denver, NC. It was actually listed with two names, but the same address & phone:

INSTANT SIGNS
422 HIGHWAY 16 N, DENVER, NC 28037
Phone: (704) 483-6454

SIGN HERE
422 N HIGHWAY 16, DENVER, NC 28037
Phone: (704) 483-6454

I'll probably just give them a call and ask if they have the template (unless I hear back from you first). I would still love to find a pair of original white plastic with black letters, but the vinyl might look better than the new black & chrome.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
Cliff Bennett View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2005 at 12:20am
I have recently restored my 76 model ski natique. I do have the original CC emblems off of it. If anyone is interested email me @ bputnalbennett@yahoo.com.
Cliff
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2005 at 12:08pm
Ski Lew , If you want the original , The real deal , dont fool around contact this guy , he has re made the originals and I bought a set from him and they are truely the best , no Joke , they are worth it .
Stan Christensen
1668 N Baker Ave
Ontario, Ca 91764
email: rumstan@aol.com
Phone: 909 322 8977
Do the right thing !!!!!!!
Some one actually steped up and re made some cool stuff for your boats , Please support him .
With no support for the ones who invest thier time and money to help everyone , no one will be willing to do this kind of stuff !!!
Think about it !!
Mike
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2005 at 1:23pm
Amen to that, I bought a set and perfect repro.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic