NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Compact Tractors

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compact Tractors
    Posted: November-10-2007 at 1:47am
   Just curious if any of you guys out there have any experience with tractors.Been doing some shopping and it seems like all the dealers are biased....go figure.Anyway,I've been looking at John Deere and Kubota tractors.Had my mind made up on the Deere,but now the new CubCadet/Yanmar Ex3200 has me thinking.
   I hear they are building alot of the new JD tractors in Mexico.The New Cub/Yanmar is imported now,but the are building a new facility in the US.
   Anyone own a Compact tractor that wants to share any knowledge or experiences good or bad I'd love to hear it.
   BTW,my local John Deere saleman has been on this site looking for a boat to buy and is probably reading this .Maybe I should make a deal with him;If he buys a CC,I'll buy a Deere...If he buys a MC,I'll buy a Cub

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 2:21am
Turn about is fair play Mike...sounds like you got a good plan to me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 10:13am
What are you using one for? Three point PTO ?
Front end loader/backhoe?..... John Deere and Kubota are both good.
hasbeenskier
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 10:42am
you wanna hear a good f-up and your deere guy can back this up, when i was a salary man we did warranty work for Funk transmissions in which Deere owns, anyways one of there suppliers didnt harden the 10 cent thrustwashers in the rear ends on the 4200 tractors. i would send groups of 2 to 6 guys to Deere centers to do the repairs with all expences paid, flights, motels, meals, Entertainment, this went on for a year and hundreds of tractors. it was a very costly mistake....needless to say we busted the million dollar mark in service that year
"the things you own will start to own you"
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 1:25pm
   Hasbeen,

I will mostly be using it for loader stuff and landscaping,an occassional 3 point implement.No backhoe and probably no pto driven attachments.I want something small enough that my wife won't ruin the yard with it,but something big enough for the average landowner to putter on.My bro in law lives right across the street and has a wide selection of 3 point stuff in his yard,along with a mini excavator,fullsize excavator,and a skidsteer ,so I have access to more power on occassion I need it. I'm basically looking for something a step above sub-compact.
   Eric,the Deere and CubCadet I'm looking at are full of Yanmar parts.Any experiences with their stuff?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 3:17pm
Mike , my choice was a New Holland TC 30 w/ hydrostat.....
32 engine , 30 pto HP...Looked at all the others Kubota,JD, Branson, and the others. NH had all the features I needed and all others were AWD a feature I did not need.It kills the turning radius.
Five years and 550 hrs. later of great service and no regrets,would buy again from New Holland.As to resale they will give me 7500.00 trade in on the the newer 30 hp version of the same tractor.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 8:02pm
   Doc,
   I looked at the New Hollands breifly. They make very nice stuff.Unfortunately,the closest dealer is a ways from me,and with my busy schedule I had to consider that factor and ruled it out.The Deere is no longer AWD,but selectable 2/4wd.I am glad to hear you had good luck with the NH.I am leaning towards a Deere because of the location of the dealer and the fact that they have a very good reputation for service after the sale.
Thanks for the info,I'll let you know which way I end up going.I like the Deere,just trying to figure out if I can get a better tractor without overpaying for green paint

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 11:54pm
Seems your on the right track,just avoid the temtation of buying a cheap chinese tractor.I don't know anything about newer tractors,the newest we have is a '57 cub lo boy for yard work,a 49 farmall cub for snow and my grandmothers aunt's 8n that she bought new in '47 for all the" heavy work" like moving and launching my Mustang
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 10:41am
they use Yanmars in the 30 ft plus boats and i havnt heard any big problems with them, nowadays i think the tractors are pretty much the same, low investment, high return (cheaply manufactured) i would be surprised if you found one completely US made. I think your heading in the right direction with the Deere only because from a service stand point. I think thier service if you should have a problem would be responsive, as for which tractor is best..IHNO, i do see the Cub Cadet offers a zero turn tractor, they were demonstrating it at the local tractor supply, but i dont know if they use it in the models that you are looking at
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 10:49am
Mike- I don't have much experience with the small tractors, but have had my eye on a Kubota BX model at the local rental yard. For the terrain around my property, I'd need the 4wd and agressive tread tires...and a winch too
Hey, make sure you get a trailer with it, So we can borrow it
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 10:53am
Barracuda, you dont have a wench?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 11:00am
Eric- thanks for the setup there buddy. Nope, no wench or winch.

you know where I can find one?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 11:11am
you know the strange part about it? they will both pull you in....
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 2:36pm
Boat doc My dad has a TC45 New Holland with a loader bucket, you have to love a diesel. His is 4-wheel drive select as well.

05 210 what ever tractor you buy if your getting a bucket on the front of it, make sure you pay the money for the loaded tires or you will regret it when you go to move dirt or anything with the bucket. Oh yeah how far away is your NH dealer, I may be able to give you my ford discount on and NH. I now I get a ford discount on them, I will check into it to see if I can give it to friends on a tractor just like cars.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

Doc,
   I looked at the New Hollands breifly. They make very nice stuff.Unfortunately,the closest dealer is a ways from me,and with my busy schedule I had to consider that factor and ruled it out.
    Mike

Mine has only been to the shop once in 5 years.That was not a factor in my purchase.When you compare all the specs,weight, draw bar lift cap. PTO horse power. I chose the New Holland over the JD and the Kubota. Do some spec checking first.The biggest differance I found was the total weight,the TC 30 ,2wd weighed more than the Kubota 4wd. Draw bar #cap. was higher too.I had to put a battery in her this year, first penny I have spent other than oil and gas..............
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2007 at 3:56pm
i knew you had some farm boy in you
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2007 at 11:07am
   I will take another look at the NH today.If I Remember correctly,they spec very close to the other brands.If I bought one and had as good luck as the Boat Dr.,the distance to the dealer should'nt matter.

James,I would obviously be interested in your discount option on a NH if I go that route.If it is in fact available to me.Either way it is a very generous offer and I appreciate it.

Brad, I already have access to a trailer & what's mine is yours.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 12:20am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

BTW,my local John Deere saleman has been on this site looking for a boat to buy and is probably reading this .Maybe I should make a deal with him;If he buys a CC,I'll buy a Deere...If he buys a MC,I'll buy a Cub

Mike

My JD salesman has just put a deposit on a sport nautique for sale on this site.Looks like I might be buying a Deere after all.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2007 at 11:49am
cant beat a Deere, if your guy was was a New Holland salesman i would be saying cant beat a new holland...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 7:45pm
Mike that's great who's boat is he buying?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 8:54pm
      James,

He put a deposit on This one

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 9:18pm
Looks like a good one, of course they are all good in their own way. I bet he will love it. So what Deere are you going to get?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:02am
    James,
   I bought a 2320.Small chassis,24hp with hydro trans,quick detach loader and shift on the fly 4x4.I was going to buy a bigger 28-32 hp rig,but then decided It would be overkill for what I really need it for.So I bought the smaller one and put the money I saved away for boat gas next year

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 2:47pm
I hope you saved alot because gas wont be cheap. Glad to hear you got your tractor and a CCFan got there boat sold. Win win for everyone.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 4:07pm
05 you know there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to big boy toys, the only overkill would be the price
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2007 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

05 you know there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to big boy toys, the only overkill would be the price

Amen to that,Eric.Like I stated way earlier in this thread,though...I have access to a Cat 311 excavator,a bobcat,and a mini excavator right across the street so plenty of power is available if needed.Come to think of it,with all that power across the street,I should have bypassed the tractor purchase and bought another boat

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic