Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Morse Throttle rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cmarks11@cox.net View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmarks11@cox.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morse Throttle rebuild
    Posted: October-05-2004 at 1:27am
Has anyone rebuilt a morse throttle setup on an 80's model nautique? Have the rough ratcheting roll on throttle.

Thanks,
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2004 at 7:42pm
i didnt really do a rebuild,i took it apart and cleaned the balls ,replaced the spring with a lighter one greased everything and put it back together.It worked very well after i did this
randall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2004 at 5:41pm
I replaced the old control on my 73 CC mustang. The new one from SKIDIM was the perfect match (cosmetically). It has the neutral lock that the old one didn't have. But, after the new one arrived I quickly realized that the quality of the old one was superior. There is much "more plastic" in the new one. The quality of the internal gears is superior in the old one. The old ones just "feels" like more quality. The first reason I updated was because the paint on the old one looked bad. I do like the neutral lock, but ultimately, I wish I had my $200 back and had pursued a nice paint job one the face plate of the old one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic