Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speedo Quit

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ddelmage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddelmage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedo Quit
    Posted: September-27-2004 at 8:03pm
I have an '83 nautique with airguide speedo's. One of them quit yesterday. I checked the pick-up for debris, and it is clear.
Can anyone give me some guidance on how to trouble shoot the problem.

Thanks Dale
dale
Dixielegger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dixielegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2004 at 1:13am
Is there back pressure after blowing through the pitot tube?. Try disconnecting the hose from the back of the speedo and see if there is airflow (blow through the pitot tube and have someone hold thumb over end of hose at speedo). If no airflow, your problem lies somewhere in the pitot tube (or ballast located behind fuel tank). If there is positive airflow, problem is in speedo (possible clog, broken chain, or leak in metal diaphram). Speedo's not to difficult to repair, just pay close attention and be careful not to lose any parts.
'97 Nautique in SC
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2004 at 3:11pm
If your speedo turns out to be dead, I will take it off your hands. I have a working speedo with a broken lense that I need to replace
tdkosta View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdkosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2005 at 3:24pm
Many dealers may have old speedos that they removed from boats that have perfect pass installed. It is worth checking out.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2005 at 3:35pm
I bought a matching pair of Airguides off ebay, so I am all set.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic