Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looking for the light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for the light
    Posted: January-06-2004 at 11:41am
looking for an original bow light with flag pole for the 68 barracuda,similar to the one pictured on reids 67 nautique in diaries.the one i sent to the chrome shop is junk!
kenny g
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2004 at 1:51pm
yo. is this one close?budda is my light

i have seen the one for the 1960 for $225 from classic boat connection. glad i have a spare.perko made most of the lights, but i would keep searching. all the new ones are plastic junk. the diverter is broken on the 69 and 72 and i have yet to come across any of those.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2004 at 1:54pm
this one is funny.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2004 at 6:08pm
thank's tom.yea its close,looks like the same one in the perko catalogue.i'll keep my eyes open. i do like the one posted!
kenny g
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2004 at 7:48pm
the spare in the basement is made by NAUTALLOY out of new york.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2004 at 1:24am
Kenny,
If you've got access to a West Marine, etc., store, go in and ask to look thru the Perko sales catelog, as they carry many more items than West Marine or Boat US carry in their yearly book(s). Can't say for sure that they'll have it there, but it's worth a check. The same is true for stern lights, as I know they carry a nice chrome version of the now-black plastic and alum model.   Also, if you hound me, I'll look up the name of a company outside of Detroit which has gobs of stuff like this as well as other hardware such as NOS gauges, etc..   I'd still like an outlet or source for a good vintage looking steering wheel.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2004 at 11:40am
i looked at perko's sales catalogue web.site i found a steering wheel.go to www.rex marine.look at impys hot rod.billet steering wheels the cruiser series#1406 $220 real nice! i may at some point be interested in your AFB marine carb for the 68.need to watch the $ for now.stopped in the shop yesterday.they found a "soft spot"in the hull where the shaft bracket bolts through.moisture content was above 23%.not good.no big deal just more cash.they still plan to paint her next month
kenny g
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 6:40pm
perko still makes the light you are looking for its over zinc with hole for flag. retail is 36.30 plus shipping.
woodyelc
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 7:13pm
hearne marine,just down the street from me has one [perko] on the shelf.35 bucks or so.burgee staff stands straight,not angled back like all the older cc ones i've seen.damn thing is big & ugly anyway!however i would like to keep the barracuda as original as possible.
kenny g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic