Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hitting a ground - where do I find parts?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hitting a ground - where do I find parts?
    Posted: August-16-2004 at 2:35pm
Hello.

I am looking for a online shop that sell parts (and export world wide) for my Nautique. The parts are pretty expensive in Erurope and especially in Scandinavia.

We ran aground and the strut was bent (and the propeller looks like a cork screw).

In Sweden, It costs approx $200 to fix the strut, so it might be cheaper/same price for a new one?! A new strut costs $550-650 here...

Our boat is a Ski Nautique from 1989.
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2004 at 2:42pm
I just bought a strut for a ski naut. from SKIDIM for $200. Just click on their link above and buy new, they are very helpful and good prices.
Swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2004 at 6:28am
Thank you Darrel for the quick answer.

I must be blind, but I didnt find any struts on their web site - only strut bearings.

I emailed them about the issue.

<Edit>
Here are some images of the accident:
http://www.fasting65.se/nautique/
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2004 at 11:25am
nice boat swede ! i really like the cover.when u get a chance can u send us some pictures of the boat ?
kenny g
Swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2004 at 10:45am
Sure, I will upload some images of the boat in better resolution - and some detailed images of the cover...

I spent the last evening/night trying to remove the shaft - since that one also is bent. Damn, this will be expensive!
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2004 at 3:19pm
I also had to replace the shaft,strut and prop. New A.R.E. shaft/coupling is a $310 part, luckily i already had the A.R.E. coupling, so i only had to buy the shaft alone from SKIDIM $189. had it in 3 days. strut was delivered yesterday too ($100 less than CC price). I also found a new oj 3 blade for $125 from a private party. Keep an eye on ebay I was bidding on an ACME 4 blade last night, i blew it and missed by 4 dollars. Now im wondering which one of you guys smoked me in the last minute and bought my prop. Fess up.
Off Topic but...wh
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2004 at 2:11pm
Swede,
I know how that running a ground stuff feels...ouch. Our's was a 1983 mastercraft ( we own correct crafts and a MC). Getting it back in the water was a challange... it was 20 feet from the water...We had to build rails (8 ft long sections of 4 X 4 ) soap them down and dig a trench for things to clear.We lifted the boat and slid the rails under it.We than pulled it off with a 1972 NAUTIQUE.I will post a picture !We were lucky with the damage....recoditioned prop and minor fiber glass fills.
How did you get yours off ?
The cost on the prop was $130.00. Phils Prop Shop in chicago...he has a web site.
Did this happen at night?
Good luck and I promise to keep our boat in the water if you do the same !
Gary
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic