NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakeboard wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakeboard wanted
    Posted: June-13-2007 at 8:36am
I'm looking for a decent quality, used wakeboard. I'm 6'1 and 190. I don't need anything cutting edge. If you upgraded and want to sell your first board, I'd be interested. If you are going to GL, I could buy it then.

-Steve
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 10:38am
Check out the following sites for used gear:

Ski - It - Again

Wakeworld may also have a classifieds section
Wakeworld

If you have a Pro Shop nearby check them out as well, sometimes a great deal can be had on a demo or past years model.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 11:34am
What is your budget? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 12:19pm
eBay is flooded with wakeboards, you can get something decent a few years old for about $50.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 2:45pm
BKH - Budget around $100.

Hollywood, Quinner - Thanks for the info. Can either one of you make a recommendation as to a brand or model. I snowboard a lot but I haven't been active in water skiing or wakeboarding since the '80's.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2007 at 3:18pm
Can't go wrong with Hyperlite Motive, Liquid Force EVO, or CWB Sol. Good boards, easy to ride, and if your skill level outgrows the board, they are great to have around for beginners and guests. At your height and weight, you probably want a 138-142 in length.
There is a site called evogear.com which has the Liquid Force Evos for $99. I think you're from the Midwest, so I'd also encourage you to patronize Gotwake, a member of this site, who is an owner of the pro-shop at Chicago Mastercraft.

More important than the board, find a comfortable, supportive pair of bindings. If your feet hurt, it's not much fun.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2007 at 12:10am
decided just to keep the setup....been looking around online and you cant touch anything decent under 260.........good luck
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2007 at 1:21am
Ryan,
Can you send pics to me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic