Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intake manifold bolts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jhughes View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intake manifold bolts
    Posted: July-19-2004 at 7:56pm
How tight should the bolts holding the intake manifold on a 351 W be? I was chasing down a vaccuum leak on a 90 SN by first making sure the manifold was tight and was able to crank each one about a quarter turn more each with medium effort- I didn't want to really crank down on them. Some made a little "creak" noise and some didn't- I'm assuming it is because they weren't turned for a while, or ever. These are the 6 or so 1/2 in bolts on the top of the manifold.
woodyelc View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2004 at 11:36pm
touqe is 24 foot pounds
jhughes View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2004 at 12:52am
Okay, assuming I don't have a torque wrench, can I over-tighten these or is it real sensitive like a valve cover or pan gasket?
jhughes View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2004 at 1:42am
Actually, I borrowed a torque wrench and got them all to 24 ft lbs. Some of them took another good quarter turn. If this fixes my problem I'll be a happy camper. Thanks!
SS 201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS 201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2004 at 7:40am
Run a tap thru and clean out the threads, it doesn't hurt to run a die over the bolts either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic