Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ice Moving Out .... Skiing Getting Closer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ice Moving Out .... Skiing Getting Closer
    Posted: March-05-2007 at 3:45pm
Here are some pics out my back yard of the ice leaving our River yesterday. It is an awsome site to witness live! This is the heavest ice that we have seen for some time.

Ice Jam in River

Close up across River

Picture looking up River

Here is a short video clip
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 7:35pm
2 Nautiques...that's pretty crazy. Where are you located at. That's what the river here in Northern IN is doing as well. Come on spring!

Rob
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2007 at 9:27pm
   The power of nature.Anyone for a canoe ride?
   That's wild.Still have over two feet of ice up here...don't see it going anywhere soon.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 2:57am
WOW..now I see why you guys remove your docks!
2_Nautiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_Nautiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 7:59am
Rob, I am located in NW Ohio on the Auglaize River.

MM, I have been pulling my boat lift out and leaving it close to the rivers bank for several years now. Saturday the ice started moving up river from me and it jammed up. This caused the water level in my back yard to rapidly drop, about 2' in 15 minutes. I grabber the 4-wheeler and pull my lift up the yard about 100'. I am glad I did or might look like a pretzel now!

I live about 1.5 miles above a hydroelectric dam and they are now lowering the water level. You can not believe how much ice is piled up on the shore line. I must have 10 to 12 feet on my river bank!
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2007 at 1:11pm
That's pretty impressive video. The ice is taking the trees down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic