Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake camping Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:59pm
thanks alan, I did get on the site and find a map. Since I am not familiar with the campground, could somebody make a good recommendation as to a good campsite for tent campers. Heck, I would like to camp next to all you party animals, but afte all the boating, drinkin', eating...I will be in a multi-induced coma and taking up valuable partying real estate next to Alan and his gang.

But can somebody tell me if there are shady sites or is this a fairly open campground? Are teh RV sites that much better than the tent sites? I don't want to take a RV site away from somebody, but if they are shady and nice, I may have to reserve one!

Yeah, we have that camping thing down pretty good. We only went once last year which sucked.

Sorry I missed everyone at Chicago Boat Show. We were there on Saturday. Going to Indy show next weekend. Need me to talk to people there???

Later and looking forward to camping suggestions!

Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

I may be blind, but is there a website for this campgroung? I see people are reserving sites. Is there a site map? I really don't care, but shade would be nice since I am sure it will either be hot as hell or raining. Or possible tornadoes like Shelbyville!

Thanks,
Todd

Well Todd, I hope you get the camp site reserved because lord knows you guys are some SERIOUS CAMPERS. Wait till you see these guys set up and break down a camp site, people. It's like the Weitekampt Camping Clinc. Unbelievable.

Todd's wife is one heck of a camp cook too, they really did have their act together. They put us to shame and we've got all the luxuries of home when we camp, I must be getting lazy in my old age.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:52pm
OUTSTANDING campers, I would recommend getting as close as possible to the the Weitekampts.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

I may be blind, but is there a website for this campgroung? I see people are reserving sites. Is there a site map? I really don't care, but shade would be nice since I am sure it will either be hot as hell or raining. Or possible tornadoes like Shelbyville!

Thanks,
Todd

Well Todd, I hope you get the camp site reserved because lord knows you guys are some SERIOUS CAMPERS. Wait till you see these guys set up and break down a camp site, people. It's like the Weitekampt Camping Clinc. Unbelievable.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:46pm
Todd, this is what popped up when I punched Hattie Sherwood into google:

City of Green Lake
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:41pm

Thanks,
Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Tim, you'll practically have to do an oil change at the campground

Almost! Ill probably do one the night before I leave, and another as soon as I get back.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 12:25pm
Tim, you'll practically have to do an oil change at the campground
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 11:28am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

are you bringing it?

Yep, the boat is coming with me. Im sure youve got a bunch of boats that will outrun me, even with the upgrades. I dont expect to get past 51-52, and even that may be optimistic. Hopefully the Hiteks will get me there.

According to Google maps, the distance to the campground from my parents house (where the boat is) will be 1066 miles. The 120 mile trip to CT from Boston doesnt really count since I wont be towing, but round trip will be close to 2400 miles. That should break the new truck in!

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 11:13am
Tim, The boat I bring will be determined by how fast YOURS is with its new upgrades, and no sandbaggin' either, but are you bringing it? And wow, I just plotted your trip and you've got 150 miles more than me!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

reid is coming??? That makes the -4 weather slightly more beareable right now. Looks like there are going to be some FAST boats ripping across GL.

Hw, Reid coming out will be awesome but it's not working for me on the -4 crap we're dealing with right now. So cold the dog can't even go out and do his business, does the ole 3 leg squat and run. I'm sure he'll be happy to run around with Reid's duo come July.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 10:12am
I traded emails with Barb- I should be booked thurs-sun nite. Thanks for the heads up Alan!

Reid, if you bring a boat, how do you choose which one?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2007 at 9:49am
reid is coming??? That makes the -4 weather slightly more beareable right now. Looks like there are going to be some FAST boats ripping across GL.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:44pm

Steve, I am really trying hard to make it. The spot in the campground is RESERVED. But if Hollywood and Co are going to try and keep me OUT of trouble, then I'm staying home. Me nor the wife have ever stepped foot in WI, so she's game to make it a vaca trip, dogs and all.

...well ,you could hang out with us "old" people!!!....we have an 8;30 curfew.,...

Would love to see you and "the family" make it!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:23pm
Reid you coming up ? That would be cool . This campground is a nice place . Lots of CCFs. Good time.    oops one minute after your post

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:22pm
Steve, I am really trying hard to make it. The spot in the campground is RESERVED. But if Hollywood and Co are going to try and keep me OUT of trouble, then I'm staying home. Me nor the wife have ever stepped foot in WI, so she's game to make it a vaca trip, dogs and all.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 11:13pm

Wait a minute. I'm not liking the sound of this. "I" talked to Barb at the campground today also. I tried to get lot 27, but when I told her where I was coming from she called me a redneck and laughed at my accent so I decided against it. I can only imagine all the trouble I'd get in surrounded by you guys.

reid...... you really planning on coming?!!! that'd be COOL!!!...and Hollywood and the boys will make sure to keep you out of trouble..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 10:59pm
Wait a minute. I'm not liking the sound of this. "I" talked to Barb at the campground today also. I tried to get lot 27, but when I told her where I was coming from she called me a redneck and laughed at my accent so I decided against it. I can only imagine all the trouble I'd get in surrounded by you guys.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 10:56pm
Alan, Rob...still remember that night like it was last month!!!    Meeting everyone and checking out the boats was great..

We will also be at Bay View thurs, fri,sat..

...its been 16 straight days of zero or below, with 4 or 5 more predicted...come on July!!    
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Th,FR,&SAT nights

Same here, but at the Bayview. Good to know some others will be there as well.

Alan...good call on getting the same spot. Last year, that's how we found you guys in the campground. You can definitely be seen from the road. (Hmmm...I wonder if that motorhome with the BEAUTIFUL 81 behind it is with our group?)

Can't wait!

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:32pm
Your welcome Pat, we're doing Th, Fr, sat and I booked sunday night also just incase we can manage to stay another day.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 6:28pm
Alan thanks for the info . I e-mailed right away for lots 21&22 . Th,FR,&SAT nights

Thanks , Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2007 at 4:11pm
Talked to Barb at Hattie Sherwood Campground today. They are not officially open yet but she advised me that since they are getting a tremendous amount of inquiries for sites on our weekend she asks that anyone that would like to reserve a site please e-mail her with your Name, phone number, what nights you will be staying and a site preference if you have one.

She is only booking to CCFan campers right now but come March 1st they are open for business and these sites will go fast so act now. We will be in site #3 on top of the hill, same as last year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic