NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

100 MPH on Bare Feet

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 100 MPH on Bare Feet
    Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:35am
The area I live in is known for speed skiers. There's some pretty crazy people here.

Recently, two of the "neighbors" set World Records for Speed Skiing Barefoot.

Teresa Wallace set a new World Record for Woman of 96 MPH. Unfortunatley, Teresa reached 104MPH in an earlier run, but the "official timer" malfunctioned. Still, the previous record for a woman was 74 mph.

Scott Pellaton was already the world record holder having gone 135.74 mph barefoot back in 1989. This year Scott turned 50. He came out of retirement and decided to set a record for barefoot speed skiing in his age group. During practice, he reached speeds of 124 mph. During the official record run, in front of the crowd at the IHBA World Drag Boat Races, in Arizona, he set a record at 109mph.

Kinda makes those slalom falls at 36mph seem tame. BKH
Livin' the Dream

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:44am
holy hell!! My footin' falls @ 40mph can hurt sometimes, i couldn't even imagine how something like that would feel. But im sure since they're doing stuff like that they basically NEVER fall, or when they do maybe they do like i do & just slide on your back, hahahaha. Awesome! Thanks BKH Makes me wanna go Footin'!!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:52am
thats fast for anything on the water, My brother jumped out of the boat at 46 mph and he hasnt been right since, I cant imagine falling at 135 mph (he's the brother that went under the bridge with the pole up if you are wondering why he would jump out of a boat at 46mph) need i say more
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 12:55pm
I wonder what would happen to Jbear's hair if he skied at 100mph?

What's the record for barefoot skiing in speedos?

Brian, what boats do they use for that?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 1:22pm
...barefooting in speedos? Those things should be outlawed.
Heath
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 1:51pm
Not sure what boat Scott used. Teresa used a Sanger Flatbottom, Chevy, at 540 cubic Inches, and 1054 horsepower. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 1:55pm
Here are some pictures of the boats and skiers for the 100mph runs

100 MPH Barefoot

BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 2:45pm
Brian, I read the article, I was wondering how one stops when going 100+ mph, then the phrase about parachutes answered that question.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 4:25pm
Wow. Brian I'd heard of those speed endurance races out there, but not of this. That is psychotic!

Chuck, record in a speedo? That was a fine line...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 7:07pm
Holy Chit!
Thanks Brian - Great Video.
Amazing that they're doing this with out a Boat/Team that has been working together.
Just show up and hang on to a drag boat
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 7:36pm
The hair stays just fine except when I fall. Don't do that to much. Hurts.

We all used to foot in speedos, right Larry? If we hadta do something hard, deeps or tumbles then we broke out the cut-offs. Couldn't do that stuff anymore.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:07am
I've seen a video of Scott @ BFC taking a tumble, hopefully I can find it again.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 9:26am
Looks like they are wearing shoes on those high speed runs and man is that water perfect gla$$, cool stuff! Fastest I have ever footed was around 55mph behind a buddies Baja with a BB, get's easier as you go faster, that is until you fall!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2007 at 10:37am
They wear a leather booty. One of Scott's tore off during a practice run and he took a pretty good spill. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic