NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-ma$$ shopping SEARS

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-ma$$ shopping SEARS
    Posted: December-04-2006 at 6:28pm
Make sure to do your christma$$ shopping at SEARS. The support all the reservists that work for them. When they are called to active duty, SEARS makes up the difference in the pay that they will lose by being called up. They keep there benefits activie for their families while they are gone. They also still give them their bonuses that they would have recieved if they were still at work.

So if you want to help show other employers how to treat their reservists, shop at sears. So they can continue to support our troops. Make sure you tell a sears employee why you are shopping there.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 8:41pm
Just got my support.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2006 at 8:58pm
............also ask them why half of their goods are made in mexico. whatever happened to made in america?...sears/craftsman used to be one of the best with goods made/a$$. in the states. not anymore, and they have cut back big time on tools that they will return.. on many tools instead of a new tool , they issue a refurbished tool..spend a little more and buy snap-on or cornwell .....p.s.......whats sears pay scale?...minium wage?...the sears around here seems like its all old geezers who think the y own the damn stores!!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 6:54am
Ryan, you seem to have alot of anger. I'll try to help. Place the tips of your thumbs on the tips of your middle fingers. Palm facing the sky. Close you eyes. Take a deep breath. Hold.......... I'll get back to you on the release.

Why can't you just let someone have a feel good post? I'll bet if this post was about Snap-on or Cornwell, you would have had a different gripe about them.

Take it easy buddy. Merry Christmas.
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 9:01am
Thanks 87BFN always liked Sears, good to know they support their own.

Ryan FWIW, my recent Snap On purchase had a$$embled in Mexico stamped on the box. It's called competitive capitalism get used to it!

It's Christmas time, enjoy it. d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 9:11am
I think I'll go buy some new tools for Christmas, I refuse to buy from snap on, i dont mind paying for qaulity i just have a problem of paying way to much.
If i take 20 screwdrivers to sears they hand me 20 brand new ones back, eventually you do use them as chisels
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 9:12am
Ryan's stilled pissed about the Brownies the other night, can't say i dont blame him
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 10:32am
Eric ,you are spot on with your responce to tools,mine is a mixture ,SnapOn for the swivel head and ratchet wrenches,nut drivers are all Kleins,screwdrivers also a mix,but gotta agree about return policy ,abuse is no excuse. They give me a new chisel/prybar oops thats spelled screwdriver.As far as the minimum wage goes,most of the employees at our Sears store here are OVER PAID @3.00 per hour.Dont take a lot of spark to work at Sears.Just say we dont stock that item ,but you can go to our catalog store via the internet................... Merry Christmas
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 11:28am
We got some of these boys up here financing 10k for the tribute dale earnhardt tool box and they wax it like thier waxing thier carrot. no matter what shape what color or how expensive it's purpose is to do one thing, i guess i worry more about the end result
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 12:26pm
eric- funny you said that, went to the cheifs game and it was a blast(as i got blasted myself)....then this week they get their balls handed to them.......they never fail to amuse me!!......murphy, no anger just dont like sears...yes it is hard to find goods made in the states..its a damn shame!..merry christmas and happy new years to all!!!!!!......hope santa brings that one item you have been putting off buying until now!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2006 at 5:07pm
Did a little research today on timing lights. Craftsman seems to have some pretty decent ones for the $. Better than NAPA.

Show me a store that only sells US made products.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 9:06am
Its ashame, we keep fueling China and Japans economy and they are living the American dream. we could drop them on thier knees in one month. we simply could boycott buying.
I dont care what anybody says there is something drastically wrong with this economy and not just in this area, when your in business these are the things you do notice, and I notice its harder now then 10 years ago to make a living. hopefully the economy is cycling as it should. just because thier building thier cars here doesnt mean the profits stay here blah blah blah
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 9:30am
...ditto your response Eric. China is drawing on raw materials from the US at an unbelievable rate, thus driving up the cost, which we as business owners must pa$$ on to our fellow Americans in order to stay afloat.
Heath
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2006 at 10:18am
last summer when scrap prices peeked to $300.00 per ton, they had ships off the coast of California loading up heading due west.
all it comes down to is the way we think, My mother just bought a new Honda and I was pissed. I asked her why and she said it was built better, she has that perception brainwashed into her head, most Americans nowadays only keep thier cars for 2 to 3 years, what the hell goes wrong in the first 2 or 3 years??? these guys are offering 100000 10 year warranties like everyone else. Im on the buy American bandwagon this morning, Sure i have bought new foriegn cars in the past but guess what..... from here on out Im wiser to what the heck happens when you let someone sneak in your back door, It has to start somewhere i guess
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 5:01pm
I am right with you guys on buying american, don't ever think that will change. If I could find a store that sold products made right here, I would shop there all the time. As most stores continue to look for places willing to maufacture their products for a lesser price to further improve their bottom line. But what most people feel to realize is we did it to ourselves, we(by we I men the general public) kept asking for the same items but at cheaper prices. The only way a store can make money but still offer things at cheaper prices is to make it over seas.

Sorry about the rant, anyway I use snap-on, mac, proto, and craftsman. Just depends on what type of tool to depend on which I buy it from. But screwdrivers are all craftsman, they are close by and never ask how it broke.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 5:09pm
hey ryan "d*ckhead" andrews,

the original post was regarding Sears supporting the reservists and families that work for them, not where their tools are made. Reread the first post, I don't care who you are, that is just cool.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 5:15pm
i read it again and.................................plbc, your hurting my feelings!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 5:17pm
Good, that is one of my best traits.

Oh yeah, It is you're.
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

hey ryan "d*ckhead" andrews,

the original post was regarding Sears supporting the reservists and families that work for them, not where their tools are made.

Well said PLBC. What's wrong with that guy anyhow?
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2006 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Ryan Andrews, your a frickin idiot!!!!

Hey Hollywood, great new signature, have to admit I like this one better though!

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 4:31pm
tough guy............
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic