NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

C10 restore

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C10 restore
    Posted: November-14-2006 at 9:43pm
My kid and I been working on a 64 C10 pickup.its getting close and he is only 10 so have alot of time.Anyone ever done one?Trying to figure out what would be a good tilt column
to put in it,like to have locking column hate to see this drive off after all these hours.
Any help .....thanks

Munday
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 7:58am
Munday,
   Ive done lots of 67-72 Chevy pu's... A friend does a lot of the 64-66s.   We found the tilt columns out of the 70s GM vans are about a direct bolt in. Altho, they are getting harder to find.

You would still use your dash mounted key with these.. no locks/ ignitions in the column. I like these bcause they look original from the inside.
If interested in more info, let me know..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2006 at 9:34am
Thanks Wood

I can live with the non locking column,just do a main disconnect.I'll look into this,Again thanks

Munday
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 7:40am
I did a 55 GMC P/U used a 80's s/column with the lock and mustang II power rack & pinion.
Worked great. If you use a GM p/s pump it needs a pressure reducer kit.
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 8:38am
I used the front suspension from a 87 chevy donner.So I have front discs etc,past the mustang deal but thanks for the suggestion.

Munday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic