Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1985 nautique dash buttons

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
captian kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captian kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1985 nautique dash buttons
    Posted: May-02-2024 at 9:39pm
Cool. I appreciate the explanation. This boat was missing alot of stuff the guy I bought it from was a certifiable idiot. I am trying to restore the boat to its glory. He was using the boat to catfish in the river. So I have also had to learn alot as I go. My new engine will be ready in a week or so. So I am trying to get everything done before I install the new motor.
Thanks againg
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2024 at 6:25am
Paul, The boat should have a bilge pump in it as it's a required piece of equipment. It should be just  fwd of the drain plug on starboard side of the bilge. The "buttons" on the dash are actually Circuit Breakers. The manual bilge breaker is to turn the pump on by demand. The auto CB is just what it is. In the 8o's SN's the auto switch was an external "Lever" type switch that once the water raised it to the set level the pump would turn on. Most auto pump activation float is internal in the pump itself I believe. these days. The ignition breaker on the dash powers everything so the key doesn't need to be in the on position for the pumps to work over night. Just make sure the ignition CB is in and the Auto bilge CB is in. IF the boat doesn't have a bilge, then obviously you need to purchase one but just be sure that its a auto bilge pump and not a live well pump. the two are different.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
captian kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captian kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2024 at 10:14pm
This boat has no bilge pump. I have two bottons bilge auto and bilge manual. How is this set up for the bilge. Does that mean the auto matic bilge will only work when the switch is on. I ask this question because if i leave the boat beached overnight and it rains then the automatic bilge wouldn't work unless the button is pushed and then key in on? I am having to redo most everything on this boat. And trying to decide what bilge pump to order. Thanks in advance. You guys have been great. This is my first naugique and have only had a glastron in the past.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic