NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fake-A-Lake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake-A-Lake
    Posted: November-22-2023 at 5:28pm
Fake-A-Lake for sale.  Used very little as I installed a "T".  $20 plus shipping.

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2023 at 4:24pm
That is funny JQ, I think I have 2 of the old fake a lakes in my garage.   I have not used once since the Timmy T was introduced.  Good luck with your sale.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2023 at 4:44pm
OK...........$15 plus shipping.

If you come by and pick it up...its $10.  PLEASE.
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2023 at 9:41am
You really should hang on to that thing Jonny..

You never know when you might have an excessively large load stuck n the toilet, that your normal plunger just cant handle

You take this thing, jam it in and with 40 or 50 psi from your garden hose, you'll get some results Wink

Then again, you might be more the redneck shotgun type

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2023 at 12:58pm
Ken you need to market your idea!   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2023 at 6:38am
Sold.
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2023 at 9:09am
I don't know why CCFs have such hate for the fake a lake.  We have 2 and really like them.  I'm not crazy about adding all those fittings to the water lines, although one of our boats does have one installed by the PO.  Before the fake a lake, we used to prop a toilet plunger up with a piece of wood and even that worked well. 
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2023 at 6:18pm
 I still use my home made fake a lake. Easy peasy.
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2023 at 11:44am
Maybe because a fake a lake is way too hard to use on a lift guys LOL where as the other method works anywhere. Just another thing to store and find and if you have boats in multiple locations....

Wink
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2023 at 2:05pm
Come on, Gary...man-up and tread water while holding the Fake-A-Lake up tight against the hull while flushing that nasty seawater out...
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2023 at 4:20pm
I guess it would be to challenging to lower the boat into the water and turn the Key?  Sure seems easier than external cooling from a hose.   Now I just need a place with a dock and a lift.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2023 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I guess it would be to challenging to lower the boat into the water and turn the Key?  Sure seems easier than external cooling from a hose.   Now I just need a place with a dock and a lift.

I think the point in this case is that that is salt water and the whole idea would be to flush out the salt with fresh.....I think.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2023 at 10:58am
Yea that's saltwater. The Timmy T works so well that I put them on every thing. One thing I was warned of, which won't happen to you guys, is that saltwater and brass don't do well together, that's why bronze is used, so I have to keep my eye on it. And I'm not getting in there, something bigger than me might be waiting.....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2023 at 10:45pm
Salt Water is an animal my boat has never seen.   Did not think of that, I assumed fresh water lake.  I also have a Timmy T in my boat added about 5 years ago and it really does work very easy.
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2023 at 10:29am
I’m with MrMcD.
It’s called a fake-a-lake
Not fake a ocean
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2023 at 7:20pm
Many moons ago, early 1980's I think, I added a hose fitting to a regular plunger and jammed that up against the intake.  Hadn't ever heard of a fake a lake at that time.  I think it still is hanging in the garage, will get a picture.  After a couple of years I just unclamped and pulled the hose off the intake and stuffed the garden hose in, used the clamp to hold it in place.  Never over-pressured the block but certainly could have.

The T in my Sport is so slick to use, would never consider anything else.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic