Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neighbors Correct Craft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Rich 28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich 28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neighbors Correct Craft
    Posted: October-13-2023 at 8:33pm
I am towing my neighbors 1966 (?)  tomorrow. I volunteered  to  refresh it for him. It has a 289...  Don't know much else yet. Wondering if the HIN Number reveal any details?  It is MSZ00115G999. 

More questions to come I am sure, Thank you for any info.
Ps: Sorry about the photo, I will figure out how to upload correctly in the near future

Rich 28
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2023 at 12:50pm
I'm thinking that hull number was issued by the titling state maybe because of a lost title maybe?  In the 60's Correct Craft didn't use numbers like that. For example a Ski Nautique would be SN 1234 or a Mustang, M 1234. When you post some pictures of the front and rear deck and the dash someone will have a rough idea as to it's date.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2023 at 7:55pm
Rich sent me some pictures and here are some of them, so maybe he can get an idea what year this Mustang is from some of you Mustang guys.

He's wondering about the rub rail originality............it ain't original

It's obviously been painted some shade of PT Boat gray that he did some scraping on in the transom area

Also wondering about the trailer, original or non original ..........looks non original or modified original

Also steering wheel originality and speedometer placement............non original in both cases Knows the seats aren't original

He also mentioned 1 small fin on the bottom but no picture, maybe it's real small and it's the speedometer pickup from back then, or somebody added a tracking fin at some point

So............he's looking for some input on what he's got there and what will get it back to original besides lots of work
Wink

There was an engine picture that didn't quite make it to me, but I imagine there'll be another one coming

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2023 at 9:51pm
SWIVEL LIFE
Rich 28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich 28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2023 at 7:09am
k you KENO for posting, Here is  picture of the engine
Rich 28
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2023 at 12:21pm
‘67-68 mustang… lots of modified stuff but enough original pieces to ID. The tag on the port stringer would possibly further identify the year. The HIN as mentioned was state issued and otherwise unhelpful.
Rich 28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich 28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2023 at 8:24am
Thank you for your help!

I got into the boat a bit yesterday.... Found the ID tag and began taking the boat apart. My plan is to remove engine, floor etc. and completely disassemble boat, repair, detail and reassemble . Would like to to get it in as close to original condition as possible. Looks like engine was painted black at some point but i see that the pan is blue. Wondering if blue was the original engine color. Also pressure washed the hull and it looks like this boat may have had a double water line? 

Love working on vintage "stuff" and learning along the way. Thanks to everyone for your help

Ps: sorry about the photos. I will try to figure out why they are so large and sideways....

Rich 28
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2023 at 9:23am
Rich

Here's a link to an old thread that would seem to say 1968 based on your ID tag

link

And speaking of links, here's a link to the 68 Interceptor manual for your engine (from the CCF reference section)

It looks like the original Mallory distributor got replaced with a Mallory Unilite sometime over the years

Those color coded spark plug wires are pretty spiffy  Wink

PS big pictures are good 
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2023 at 2:24pm
would you mind posting a couple photos? of the tank mounting hardware in that boat. I am assembling a 65 now with a lot of not so original parts. also a photo of the pylon structure and steering clamp set up would also help in my reassemble of this boat. Thank you.
You can also PM me to send those photos. 

Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Rich 28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich 28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2023 at 7:21pm
Thanks KENO. and yes FL INBOARDS I would be glad to send those photos. Am away for a few days, back on Tuesday.

Rich 28
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic