NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tower - slalom ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bwill14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwill14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tower - slalom ski
    Posted: November-03-2006 at 9:13pm
I tried to do a quick search, so I hope I am not beating a dead horse. We are thinking of adding a tower this offseason. Is it wise to slalom ski on one. The main reason being people in the boat. Hard to have anyone in the back of the boat with the rope going side to side.

Thanks
Brent
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 9:37pm
I dont think it would be a problem as long as the tower is attached properly. Quinner pulled at least 3 barefooters on his tower.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 11:01pm
No manufacturer recommends that you slalom ski from a tower. Most of the pylons and towers have warning labels on them which specifically prohibit use for slalom skiing. If your skier is advanced, he or she will create too much force when pulling out to the side, and it will tip the boat too much. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 4:33pm
If you're just cruising go for it. If you want to go out and lay down the lumber you will pull the boat all over, as well as launch off the wakes.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 4:43pm
I put a 7"6 one on my boat in 1997 and all i could remember is tightening the bolts for the pole after a while i didnt think it was a good idea especially when i had 200 lb plus guys wakeboarding behind it. it just seemed like eventually that it would create big dollar problems, well finally my older brother went under the bridge with it, well thats another story that i posted a few months back
"the things you own will start to own you"
bwill14 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwill14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 8:05pm
That could not have been pretty!

I have seen the warning on a skylon pole, but thought if had to do with only having support from the tip of the bow and not much side to side. Thought the tower may be different. Sounds like it comes down to how serious the run is.
Brent
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2006 at 8:12pm
I like pulling skiers from the tower when teaching a new skier, gives a little more uplift for getting out of the hole, a novice skier is also fine however like the other guy's said not a good idea or a good pull for serious skiing. I do all my footing, foiling, kneeboarding, wakeboarding and the rare tubing from the tower always.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic