NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seaworm Ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seaworm Ski
    Posted: July-31-2023 at 8:43am
Here's a fun training aid I built a few years back. We have come to know it as the Seaworm Ski.

I saw the seahorse ski WBC was carrying but unless you are running a ski school i can't see anyone paying that kind of price for that thing.
But i saw the benefit of it as an aid and i get enough new riders i decided to build one.
as per usual, Mcmaster has everything you need minus the seat.
I used a standard off the shelf U-joint and some heavy duty pipe clamps.
and a $20 kids dirtbike seat some bent 1.5" tubing and voila. I'm into this for under $100
first time out i carried a cordless portaband and we tested out lengths of the tail and its pretty dialed. If i wind up needing it longer for larger riders its easy enough to add a section of tube into the back and pin it.

Unlike the seahorse however this one has a storage mode. So you can put it on in the shallows or at the dock, store it for the ride out and I have since incorporated a velcro strap to hold it in storage mode. By leaving it on it eliminates the chance of it ever going to Davy Jones locker if you want to transition to using the boom while in the deep. just leave it till you get back to the dock and use the boom as is.
I couldn't imagine having to attach and remove this in the water on the regular.

1988 Barefoot nautique-454
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic