Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm back!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm back!!
    Posted: July-25-2023 at 5:17pm
10 years ago I found an 87 SN 2001 in a field and had a blast getting her legal and fixed back up. Seems the reason it was disgarded was the transmission went out. I learned how to rebuild that as well as a lot of other things thanks to this forum!
It even was the forum pic for a bit if I remember well. I ended up selling it and have missed it ever since.
So fast forward 10 years and we hav relocated and both my Wife and I said it would be fun to have the ski boat back to run the rivers near us in North Florida. I searched high and low for a Nautique within a decent travel distance but just couldn't find what I was looking for, the ones I would have driven further for didn't have a trailer that would have made it far.
Don't hate on me Wink but I ended up with an '88 MC Prostar 190 Anniversary edition. (it's no Nautique) but so far fun.
We'll see where this goes but I see another CC in my future.
The biggest thing I have noticed, there is so much support online for CC and really nothing for MC, made me miss CCFan even more!
Thanks, Jody
1987 SN 2001 Barn Find aka "Nauti" (sold sadly)
1988 MC Anniversary Prostar 190
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2023 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Nauti87 Nauti87 wrote:

The biggest thing I have noticed, there is so much support online for CC and really nothing for MC, made me miss CCFan even more!
Thanks, Jody

You probably don't want to mention that to those guys on the site in the link below Wink

Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2023 at 6:21pm
I'm on there too.
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2023 at 9:00pm
I have 88 - 2001 now.  Don't hate on me either but for skiing I am thinking about a late 80's Prostar myself. How do you like it so far?
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2023 at 6:44am
I've only had it out once to do a shake down run. I'm in the process of servicing, changing some hoses and a couple gaskets.
It deffinately doesn't put out a monster wake.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2023 at 7:12am

I'm on there too.

Well you should make sure you make the same comment over there too, just to endear yourself to them Wink

Thanks, Jody

Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2023 at 8:34pm

Do you feel better now since you can't contribute anything positive?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2023 at 7:24am
I feel just fine 

I see you edited your last post a time or 2 since last night.

I don't see anybody saying "Welcome back Nauti87" so lI guess I'll be the first Wink
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2023 at 7:56am
You said it’s been awhile since you've been here and having a Ski Nautique. A lot has changed over the years while you were away and the old timers are still here but not as active as before. We have grown older, our children have grown older and we now have grandkids running around keeping us busy. Along with many other social media outlets that keep up with Correct Crafts info.   CCFC still continues getting newbies searching for answers to the questions on their boats that either just acquired or the old girl is having an issue now. Whether you have a Chris Craft, Supreme, an IO or even a Master Craft, this site has always helped in trouble shooting those boats. Ken is one of the best to have on this site. This man is full of knowledge on all of these vintage Nautique boats and probably more than we will ever know. Just as I, Ken can be direct and to the point. I like that! Black and white, shoot it straight, can’t get any better. Just as many have learned including myself, he is the most knowledgeable person to the problems we have.  I appreciate him staying here and reading his comments. No matter how old I’ll get, I will continue learning from him. Trust me you will see if you stay active here.
Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2023 at 8:54am
pjsmoreno I remember some of the old names from years ago, and I agree with you, times do change.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2023 at 5:47pm
I love the 88 anniversary color scheme.  There is a beauty in our ski club in Nashville.  I like that boat a lot. We used one back in Duck Hill, MS when our college ski team used Ralph Armstrong's lake.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2023 at 2:38pm
Thanks Rebel Skier she is pretty, #15 out of 200. 
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2023 at 4:00pm
Welcome back Jody, and post some pics of the Prostar if you get a chance.  Pictures are a bit more challenging these days but not impossible, there's a few threads with good instructions.

Definitely no hating on you, ha ha.  Great to see people keeping classic boats on the water, and enjoying them.

I was commenting to a few family members that on our small lake there are very few older boats these days.  Not too long ago there were a small group of woodies, some classic older outboards, some older inboards.  These days 2/3 of the boats are pontoons, and you barely see much before year 2000.  I really appreciate those of us that keep older boats on the water.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2023 at 8:01pm
63Skier thank you!
I missed the Nautique the day I sold her. Wanted another one but this one will do for now. I love the old boats, I may sneak into the Nautique get together next year too!
I will get some pics soon.
Thanks!
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2023 at 12:17pm

Nice Correct Craft float plane.  Is that a standard rotation prop or reverse?

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Nauti87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2023 at 4:50pm
Standard Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic