NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct craft strut reference chart

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct craft strut reference chart
    Posted: July-14-2023 at 9:26pm
Long story short, I'm looking to see if anyone has a more clear chart than the one posted on CCF?

I'm trying to get a replacement for my strut on my 1978 Martinique. It takes the same strut as a 2nd gen ski nautique the SA154. My existing strut shows the number "AF2500-6"

Now I have to see if I can link the pictures I have of my strut and the blurry chart I found here on CCF.

Thanks,

Tom
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2023 at 10:03pm
Ok, I found a clear picture of the chart. Does anyone know the length of the" barrel" of the strut for a sa154, the one I need for my 78 Martinique, which happens to be the same as a 70-81 ski nautique?
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2023 at 6:07am
5 1/8”
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2023 at 9:27am
Is this easy to read? 

It was here on CCF

I might be able to make it Bigger Wink

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2023 at 10:28am
And just to back up Steve's answer, here's a quote from an old thread

5 1/8 plus or minus a little Wink

Originally posted by Moody Blue Moody Blue wrote:

Hello
    I am looking for a prop shaft strut for my '72 Martinique. My current strut is bent, twisted and has multiple stress cracks in the flange. I know there is talk here about having struts straightened but the stress cracks make me think it shouldn't be repaired.   The mounting holes measure 4 ½" centers lengthwise and 2 ¼" widthwise. I'm not finding any identifying markings on it. Log length is 5 1/4” . Top of log from base on both ends measures roughly 6 ¼" and 4 ¼" tall. Thoughts, suggestions or available struts would be great.   Thanks!

I'm not sure if the chart is totally accurate on 72 and earlier Martiniques though and the SA154 isn't there at all, but it seems that the SA154 and 154DV are the same just to add some confusion.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2023 at 9:51am
I was able to find a non fuzzy actually readable chart. The issue I've found is that a member here has a strut from a 71 Martinique and another different model that isn't the same as the 154 dv or sa154 that I need. Both have the same 2500-6 markings as mine that I do believe was the stock one that my 1978 came with.

If anyone has a SA/dv154 strut for sale,
I'll let searching for a good used sa/dv154 from a second generation ski nautique, please contact me
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2023 at 10:46am
So does anyone know the difference between the sa/dv154 strut that I need, versus a strut from a 71 Martinique which uses a 6dv?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2023 at 2:08pm
What are the measurements of your strut that you have now? Size of the base, bolt hole spacing, length of the barrel so that maybe somebody with a 6DV can measure and you can have something to compare to?

Or somebody with a SA 154 or 154 DV or any other  can measure and you can compare to.
swilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2023 at 5:36pm
The strut on my 76’ Martinique is the af2500-6. Works fine for me.
1976 Martinique,350 Omc. 1975 Glastron/Carlson CV16,115 Merc.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by swilliams swilliams wrote:

The strut on my 76’ Martinique is the af2500-6. Works fine for me.

That's what mine is. The thing is though, that same part number is on the 71 Martinique strut that is apparently a different part than the strut on my 78 Martinique. Also that same part number that is on a skier or some other CC that takes a different strut than my 78 Martinique.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2023 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

What are the measurements of your strut that you have now? Size of the base, bolt hole spacing, length of the barrel so that maybe somebody with a 6DV can measure and you can have something to compare to?

Or somebody with a SA 154 or 154 DV or any other  can measure and you can compare to.

Great idea. I have a feeling that there are less different struts than we are led to believe, based on the chart.

Ok. Here numbers.

Based on my AF2500-6 which is supposed to be an dv/sa154 according to the chart.

Base measurements are 3.-1/4" wide x 5-7/8" wide

Bolt spacing center to center 2-1/4" short   side x 4" on the long side.

Barrel length of the strut is 5-1/8"

Did different struts use a different angle?? That's harder to measure since my original is pretty bent. I did take measurements of where it should be height wise from bottom of the base where it mates to the hull. Bow side = 5-5/8" to top of outside of brass strut and stern side is 6-3/4" using the same measuring reference.

A CCF member has a strut from a 71 Martinique and one from a early mustang. Both of those have the same AF2500-6 markings as my strut from my 78 Martinique. There two he has have different barrel lengths. 4-7/8" and the other 6-1/8". He has both those side by side and they are exactly the same except for barrel length which shouldn't matter.   If the only difference is the barrel length on these 3, then any of these would work, right? Most cutlass bearings are not the same length as the barrel.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2023 at 7:46pm
Well at least now your numbers are here. 

I think the most important ones may be the you have showing 5 5/8" and 6 3/4 " but those would be different with different length barrels

The others would be important too, but if the strut is a lot different in depth from the hull, then you'd be out of luck.

Here's a link to an old thread about a 72 Martinique and what Moody Blue had for a strut with a bunch of measurements 

He says he had a 6DV which would agree with the chart for a 72

I think the angle is different based on his measurements of the distance from the hull to the bottom of the barrel and his mounting holes were close, but not the same.

I'd be looking for SWilliams numbers to compare to, but then again I don't think he's sure what he has other than the number on the side that is different than any chart number.( That AF2500-6 that seems to pop up on different struts )

Is there any chance that your 5 5/8 measurement is really 4 5/8 ?

Maybe the strut in 72 was mounted a different distance from where the shaft penetrates the hull. The chart says the shaft was 9 inches shorter in 72.

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2023 at 11:13pm
That 5-5/8" measurement is estimated, because my original strut it bent about 25° however it's bent, not smushed. . So there's no way it's 4-5/8", unless the way others have measured. But I doubt it based on my measuremen might be a little short if anything, def not shorter than my measurements. . I'll check out that thread you likyed..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic