Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rear main

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
99airwarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99airwarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rear main
    Posted: June-22-2023 at 8:02pm
Can anyone tell me how far the rear main needs to be presses in o a 351w 1 piece rear main? Please someone who has used the proper installer which I can not locate. I did not take a picture of it before I removed it because I purchase a 351w rear main tool OTC brand from scambay two years ago for this job and its not right. So I have watched about 12 videos on youtube and the first 6 used sealant on the outside of the seal must be installed dry. So I went on to 2 people say drive it till it stops,2 people say flush with the block,1 person says you need the right tool. One person said he made a tool and it is suppose to be 50 thousand deeper in the block than flush. I drove it in till it stops I usually make things flush but where the cut groove was way in there. My friends help a lot by telling me put it all together And I will find out. Worked at a Ford dealership for 20 years never worked on something this old. Thank You Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic