Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted to say hello!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jickimojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jickimojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted to say hello!!
    Posted: May-12-2023 at 10:21pm
Hi folks I am in Temecula California and I just purchased one of my bucket list items a 1988 Ski Nautique 2001. That has been mostly restored and a one owner.

I appreciate this forum as I have been lurking and learning while on my search. I found this girl in Lake Havasu Arizona and trailered her home. I look forward to learning more and keeping this survivor running well and improving her while with me.

I have a question about the skylon that I got with the boat. Should there be more lines other than the one to the lift ring on the bow and should it just turn freely on the pylon? I didn’t get any documentation with it.
Also I have a barefoot boom but I think I may be missing some hardware to use it with the boat can some one explain these adding to me?
Is there a way to post pics in here?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jtSepFMdTxeGTe8P8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pdrvEDJV2B4yTWKWA
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2023 at 11:01pm
Congratulations and welcome aboard.   Your question about the pole, most have one cable that goes from near the top of the pole to the front of the bow.   It is usually adjustable so you can tighten it after install.  It needs to be tight or the load is on your ski pole in the boat.  This type Pole does well for wakeboarders trying to fly higher but you do not want to ski off the top mount.  The pole is only strong for forces trying to pull it straight back or near straight back.   Not much wider than your wakes.   
How about details, how many hours and what condition?  Should be a great year to have a boat since CA has water again.
Jickimojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jickimojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2023 at 11:32pm
Thank you for the reply and welcome.

The boat is freshly redone with a new crate 351w with 23.5 hrs since completion.

Interior is perfect and a new kicker marine audio system is installed.

All new modern gauges with only one Speedo. I’d love to have a stock full set but maybe someone has some?

She’s red and white. I do need to get graphics but it’s starting to grow on me naked with just the red stripes.

I’d add photos but I’m on my phone and it won’t let me.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2023 at 12:09pm
Read below, watch the video and you'll be able to do phone pictures using IMGBB, it's free and easy with a little practice. Wink

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by Mpost Mpost wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Per Ken's request/suggestion, and per Ken's efforts in finding a relatively easy way to post photos, here is a step by step process.

1.  Have photos you want to post in your phone gallery or on your computer.
2.  Open website imgbb.com
(no need to sign in, sign up, or register unless you want to)
3. click or tap on "select images to upload"
4. Go to your gallery or computer and select photo(s)
(Leave autodelete option on "dont delete")
5. click or tap "Upload"
6.  In the "Embed codes" box, scroll to and select  "BBCode full linked"
7. in the box at the bottom of the page where the photo URL shows up,  tap or click "copy"
8. Open your CCF reply and tap and paste or click and paste.
9. Voila, its there. (Note: it wont show up until you view preview or post it)

I suppose 8 steps sounds like a lot, but its mostly quick easy point and clicks (or taps)  Goes quickly and easily.  Give it a try.

Added this here so it is sticky or pinned Smile

And added this link to the You Tube video that Larry made so there are written instructions and a video showing how to do it.

Written and video instructions all in one spot Wink

Good idea Marty

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2023 at 10:16pm
One of my favorites. Should be reliable and fun.
Go team red
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2023 at 11:30am
Very pretty boat.  Your trial membership to Team Red has been approved.  Once you’ve been fully vetted, all the benefits and privileges will become fully vested.  

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2023 at 12:11pm
Here are your photos.

Ideally, the extended pole should not be clipped to the lifting ring, tho lots of folks do it.  The lifting ring is for vertical strain, not lateral so gel cracking is a possibility.  There should be a sling/ strap that goes from the cable down through the bow eye.

Enjoy the new boat

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2023 at 7:37pm
Pictures sweet   Very good find
you appear to have good taste in boats
Welcome to Team Red, I’m trying to remember now all the wonderful benefits that come with a fully vetted and vested membership
Welcome
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2023 at 9:14pm
Very nice Team Red boat !!!!!!    And that's coming from a Team Blue member.
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic