NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel tank removal '95 SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
LooseScrew22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2023 at 12:38am
i assume it is due to the corrosion in the plates and gaskets. I am replacing all of the fuel lines and i am having a custom fuel pickup plate and gasket made as these are not available. i also ordered a new fuel sender unit. once this is all back in place, i cannot think of a reason why the boat should have a gas smell...only time will tell.

PM me if you want the dxf files (drawings) for the plate/gasket. If you are interested in purchasing, i can ask the fabricator if he would want to make additional sets

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2023 at 12:14pm
Update- 
Replaced all the fuel lines to the engine from the gas tank. I 3d printed a replacement fuel line clip
and installed them in place of the factory zipties (the grey hose is for the shower).

Redid the rudder packing and added a zerk fitting with grease hose extender

I am planning to head to the lake to see if there are any leaks from the rudder/driveshaft before putting the gas tank

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2023 at 1:33pm
Very nice work.  You'll be happy with your efforts once it's back in the water.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2023 at 1:47am
You are making progress quickly, you will have a reliable boat this year and just in time for the season.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2023 at 4:12pm
Got the new plate and gaskets finished and installed on the tank. I think its ready to install back in the stern now
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2023 at 11:53am
tank is now back in the boat
and i hope i never have to do this job again! i still have to tighten all the bolts to final specs.
turns out my fuel line clips hold the hose too high on the wall to clear the bolts for the tank straps. Had to drop the shower hose and shift the lines to the bottom two clips. 

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2023 at 12:14pm
Nice work.  Hopefully you won't have to go through that again.  I really like the concept in the new SN with the center fuel tank.  Too bad these older boats have the rear tanks and all the "fun" that comes with them.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2023 at 12:23pm
She's all back together- time to hit the lake and make sure everything works!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic