NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shaft packing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
LooseScrew22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shaft packing
    Posted: March-27-2023 at 11:11am
so i completed this procedure- wheew was that old packing in need of replacing.- thanks for the link to the guide
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2023 at 12:43pm
thanks for the link
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2023 at 12:22pm
If you're asking if safety wire was on it from the factory when new...........yes

If you're asking if that's the original never been unwired factory job.............who knows, maybe some old Greek guy 

I'll guess there's too much wire and too many twists there for a factory job Wink

See section 4.6  in the link for some info

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LooseScrew22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2023 at 11:41am
'95 SN- I noticed a bit of water in the bilge last time i was on the lake... looking at my driveshaft, its unclear when the packing was last redone, if ever- the patina on the bronze fittings might blend in with those of ancient greece. 
can anyone confirm if the safety wire is from the factory?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic