Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting Issues '91 ski nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cjdet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjdet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting Issues '91 ski nautique
    Posted: February-21-2023 at 2:31pm
I own a '91 ski nautique. I am having difficulty starting the engine is brand new. I have full voltage to all the gauges on the dash, but when the key is turned there is no response. Any suggestions?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2023 at 7:04pm
I'd start with the TRBenj diagram below and follow the red and yellow wire from the keyswitch back to the Neutral Safety Switch then to the solenoid on the back of the engine.

Check voltage at the "S" terminal on the keyswitch when it's turned to Start, if you have roughly 12 volts there, go back to the Neutral Safety Switch and check for roughly 12 volts going in and coming out from the switch and check for roughly 12 at the "S" terminal on your solenoid.

A couple of things to think about are 

Is your shifter accidentally in gear instead of Neutral?

Is the wire from the Neutral Safety Switch hooked to the "S" terminal on the solenoid and not the "I"      
     terminal by mistake?

Either of these 2 things will lead to just silence when you turn the key

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic