Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bimini support straps attachment points

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bimini support straps attachment points
    Posted: January-23-2023 at 3:10pm
I'm planning to add a bimini to my 1982 SN. I have a tower fitted to my boat, which imposes some constraints on how low I can mount the bimini. Given how high the bimini has to be mounted and how quickly the bow of the boat starts tapering in front of the windscreen, I'm having some trouble figuring out where the best spots will be to attach the front support straps to the boat. The legs of the bimini are effectively as wide as the gunwales, so I'm not sure where or how to attach the front support straps so that they pull the bimini forward and outward to ensure optimal tensioning. Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated!
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2023 at 11:02am
I dont like drilling holes in the glass. Here in Georgia a bimini is a must . I have installed many bimini's on my boats . I always put the front straps in the rub rail ,

Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2023 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

I always put the front straps in the rub rail

Never considered that - sounds like a great option for getting the straps spread apart as much as possible, thanks.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2023 at 12:07pm
Same mounting location as mentioned above on our 88 SN with no issues.  The extra fly-high optical illusion is another story Wacko

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2023 at 7:13pm
Yea none of that electric boat stuff here- we want to hear that V8. Doesn't look like those wires are long enough to get far anyway.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2023 at 6:01am
I've done the same thing on my 88' as well. Works great and has held up for 22 years. Just make sure the screws penetrate the rope.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2023 at 2:07pm
Chris!  Good to hear from you again.  Nice boat and picture too!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Mikeski2000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeski2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2023 at 6:34pm
That Bimini is a nice touch. The fly hi pole makes surfing possible too. Well that and the 9 other people behind Chris while the boys surfed.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic